What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What does an icon mean????

maryinredding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I noticed that my iPad is not charging. Up in the right hand corner next to the percentage of battery is a lock with and arrow around it. What does this mean and how can I get rid of it? I have turned the pad off and then on again but it is still there. Please help.

OP
maryinredding

maryinredding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you SO much. I remember that I was turning the sound down when I played games last night so I must have hit it. I think the non charging issue is because I didn't have the pad seated well in the dock. Thanks SO MUCH.

chloe748

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aw thank you very much kheldour, i had the same problem as maryinredding where i had that symbol and also my battery said it wasn't charging too, i must have also knocked the switch when turning my sound down, thanks very much!!!!

kc2ped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the iPad is plugged in and the battery icon says Not Charging rather than showing the lightning bolt it probably means it is plugged into a UDB port that isn't providing sufficient voltage (computer, powered USB hub) to charge the iPad while it is operating. If you turn the iPad off or if it goes to sleep while plugged into one of these USB ports it will charge but at a slower rate than if the original 10W wall wart was used. They will also supply sufficient current, I believe, to keep the battery from discharging while the iPad is in use. If you want to both charge and use your iPad you need to plug it into the 10W charger that came with it.

jdthedj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you have rotation lock on turn it off it's either the switch above the volume controls if you havent updated it or if you have double click the home button and swipe to the right you should get a menu, at the very left of that menu there is the same icon press it to turn it off
:):ipad-keyboard::ipad-back::ipad-peacock::ipad-front::comingsoon::):ipad-movie::D:(:mad:;):confused::eek:

Most reactions

Latest posts