What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Icon meaning for iPad 2

Mdbyrd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Trying to find out the meaning for an icon on my iPad it is a lock with an arrow around it up in the right corner by the percentage for the battery. Please help if you can and thanks in advance

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Trying to find out the meaning for an icon on my iPad it is a lock with an arrow around it up in the right corner by the percentage for the battery. Please help if you can and thanks in advance
I believe that this is the icon you're talking about. image-2350085043.jpg

image-1522633384.jpg

This means that the screen rotation has been locked. To unlock the screen rotation, go to the control centre by swiping up from the bottom of the screen. Screen rotation lock is at the right end of the row of icons at the top centre of the control centre. Tap the icon to unlock screen rotation.

If the screen rotation lock does not appear in the control centre, it can be found by going to Settings>General>Use Side Switch To. If it is set on lock rotation, move the switch to the down position to unlock screen rotation. The side switch is found just above the volume controls on the side of the iPad.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts