What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you use your Side Switch for?

What do you use your Side Switch for?

• Sound mute

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Screen rotation lock

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • I switch between the two

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What do you use your iPad's side switch for: mute device or screen rotation lock, or do you switch between the two?

I use mine for rotation lock, I just use that operation more than mute (or rather, un-mute).

MIKES3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now that I think about I never use my side button. I have a magnetic case that turns the iPad on/off when open/closed.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I use both the mute and lock rotation, but to be honest...I think I do the 4-finger swipe and use the volume control panel for all those needs. I hope that I answered the question correctly!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I hardly use the side switch. But if I do so, then for muting my iPad

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Rotation lock for when I'm reading in bed. Not amusing when I slightly tilt my ebook and it changes to portrait. I do read portrait as well though.

OP
goofy8275

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Rotation lock for when I'm reading in bed. Not amusing when I slightly tilt my ebook and it changes to portrait. I do read portrait as well though.
Me too. I lock the rotation whenever I'm laying down with the iPad.

teralpar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rotation lock. I hardly ever mute my iPad. If I need to I just press and hold the low volume button.

Sent from my Black iPad Mini 16gb using iPF

InHisName

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I am reading, ( iPF, kindle, nook, PDFs, etc. even http ) I want it to stay in portrait mode. Switch needed for that. I forgot the other items it can switch, I Gus's I don't miss them.

Sent from my iPad using iPF, still lots room left in 64GB

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Rotation lock.

Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

Dulcimer42

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have no clue as to what or where the side switch is. From your posts, it must be a lock of some kind?

silverado8405

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have no clue as to what or where the side switch is. From your posts, it must be a lock of some kind?

There's a switch by the volume buttons. It can be changed in settings to be used as a rotation lock or a mute switch. If you have an iPhone it's the same thing as the mute switch on the phone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts