What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you use on ipad - Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo mail

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use hotmail as I am too lazy to change business accounts to new gmail address and I also have three separate gmail accounts on the iPad.

Sent from my Verizon 64GB Black iPad2 using iPF

perpulhaiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Like was said above, set your hotmail account to forward to your "main" gmail account. Should be able to create rules to move them all to a hotmail folder and possibly sub folders beyond that.

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Oops. Sorry. I did a little (very little) research, and dicovered is that Hotmail only supports Exchange Activesync (not a full Exchange server). That is a mobile standard. Very few desktop mail programs are compatible with it, and no OSX programs that I could find.

Forward to GMail was the suggestion, or in a few cases forward to some lesser known IMAP email provider.

No help, I know.

No worries, I have my old Hotmail account diverted and I am gradually moving things over :)

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Harters said:
No worries, I have my old Hotmail account diverted and I am gradually moving things over :)

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Good to hear. Migrating to a new email address can be a pain, but I think you'll be happy with GMail.

Most reactions