What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yahoo Messenger Conversations Suddenly In iPad Mail!

DesertDave

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Major Frustration. Imagine my surprize when all of a sudden I search my Yahoo email on my Ipad and find a new folder... never before seen. A "conversations" folder with all kinds of gobbledy-gook in it.

No choice given for deleting either the messages, or the folder... and it doesn't even appear on my laptop Yahoo mail stuff. No waste basket, no options, no nothing.

Anyone have any clue in to how to delete the Messinger Conversations, the conversations inbox or anything else I might do. I tried to email Yahoo.... lol. If you listen real carefully you can probably hear them laughing right now.

I have tried Ipad reset, and every thing else I can think of. So angry I can barely type.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the search feature (in the toolbar at the top of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information linked below my signature to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum.

BTW, I moved your post to the iPad Help area where you're likely to get a better response to your question.

Welcome again and enjoy!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The iPad can't delete or create folders in Mail. It only syncs. I can't be of much help other than that. I do not use Messenger myself, but I did fiddle with it a bit to see what I could figure out, and could not discover how to create the conversation folder you are talking about, let alone delete it. It was irritating because it said I would be able to browse old conversations, but the help page seems to still refer to the older site, and was no help.

I did notice that the Messenger settings on the site had and archiving option. While I could not get it to create the folder, maybe turning off the archiving option would delete it.

Best I can do. Sorry.

Last edited:

Gthitter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same issue and am pissed...any suggestions....please. Can you delete them from a standard pc?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I forgot all about this thread. Sorry.

After I turned on the archiving option for Messenger (and faked a couple conversations with myself) a Conversations folder eventually appeared on the Yahoo webmail site. I don't remember how long it took, but it was at least a day. Shortly after that a Y! Conversations folder showed up on the iPad, with the fake Messenger conversations in it.

What you can do is go to the Yahoo website and select Options, Messenger Options from the top left set of menus (new email site only). Turn off Keep a History of Conversations, under the Other options. Then go to the Conversations folder (left column) to select and delete all the archived conversations.

I don't know if this will get rid of the folder. It didn't disappear at once, but then again it didn't show up immediately either. It should get rid of the email/conversation files and keep any new ones from showing up.

Patrickk54

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This worked for the conversations that were not via sms. Do you know haow to delete sms conversations?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I didn't even know you could do SMS with Yahoo Messenger.

I don't have or use an SMS plan with my phone, so it would cost me money to experiment. I'm a cheapskate. Sorry.

Greenanders

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't delete conversation on ipad yahoo mail

Can't find either the settings on yahoo web site on ipad.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This is a pretty old thread, and Yahoo has been making lots of changes.

If you're talking about message history:

Open Yahoo Mail in a browser. Click on the gear/cog settings icon at the top right. Choose Messenger Option. The History on/off option is in the Other section.

That's all I know. I still don't use this feature, so I have no idea how it will behave.

Greenanders

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wherever I press yahoo mail, it goes straight to my mail, where there is no facility for settings or anything like that. Whether this facility is missing I don't know. I am using ipad

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I went to the website using a computer browser.

You could try accessing Yahoo using a third party browser like Atomic. This will let you change your browser ID, so that Yahoo doesn't server you a mobile page. However, the site may not work well. When you're redirected to a mobile or tablet site, it's often because the desktop site uses features that work poorly or not at all on mobile devices.

{I just did the above, and while it was twitchy (lots of false taps) I did manage to find and turn on/off the Messages History this way, eventually}

Yahoo has dedicated Messenger app for the iPad. The setting may be available there. I don't know.

Most reactions