What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think you'll use your iPad for?

PatriciaF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the wifi 3g black 64gb... I thought I wanted it for emailing and reading but boy once it got into my hands I downloaded everything and anything. You can't stop once you start with the apps!! I'm an app addict now.. is there a 12 step program? Enjoy!!

drover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GarageBand

dont forget garage band!!!

GarageBand is great app. Wish could play a musical instrument.
I bout iPad to replace heavy home laptop and discovered a host of functions. Stll newbie but have done so much. First project was Home Sharing of music library with iTunes - try it out. Can't believe I only had it delivered from Apple a week ago! This forum has been a tremendous help. You rock :)

applebro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the best usage for the Ipad is using it on a long car or plane ride. It will keep you entertained for hours with music/movies/games.

jakeystipe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm definitley going to be using it for poker. I find playing on iPhones a little trickey and laptops are too cumbersome so I'm looking forward to playing poker on the iPad.

digipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Making song, music, browsing, youtube, magazine and much more.. ♘

Billy☝ Atlantis° Indonesia ✧❂✧

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I'll use mine for:

school. I have three more classes left before I become a full time student teacher and then become licensed, so it will come in handy for taking notes and even writing papers in the library when all of the computers are full (I plan on getting an App for Word, forget what it's called now).

reading. Once I have some spare cash I plan on taking advantage of iBooks.

web browsing. I have a laptop, but it's slow and I'm going to try to conserve it as long as I can (because I can't afford another one right now), so when I'm at home (or somewhere with WiFi), I'm going to be using my iPad to browse the web and look at news & sports apps.

movies/TV. I'm hoping I figure out how to use Handbrake. I obtain the occasional movie and would love to play video content on my iPad.

games. I have an Android phone, 4 inches, but to play Angry Birds on the iPad 2 screen? Yes, please!

email/calendar. It's basically going to be a laptop replacement so I will also use this to read my email and keep track of my schedule on the calendar quite a bit.

FaceTime (& Skype). I'm the most excited about this. Gotta love the front facing camera (though, I know, people say the quality sucks) to do video chatting.

It's basically going to replace my TV (in my bedroom that gets 0 tv stations, can just play DVDs, and is 7 years old... it's sort of dying), my nook (which I sold to raise $ for the iPad), my netbook (which I also sold), and my phone, in a lot of ways.

:D

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That looks great GoPackGo. Congrats on your forthcoming qualification.

Please don't forget that the word-processing and spreadsheet apps for the iPad are superb, but don't carry all of the functionality offered by programmes used on Laptops and Desk Computers. Also that ruddy spellcheck with the iPad can be ****@@. !

The Word compatible app is called Pages. The spreadsheet one is Numbers. I use both of these and there are others around.

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That looks great GoPackGo. Congrats on your forthcoming qualification.

Please don't forget that the word-processing and spreadsheet apps for the iPad are superb, but don't carry all of the functionality offered by programmes used on Laptops and Desk Computers. Also that ruddy spellcheck with the iPad can be ****@@. !

The Word compatible app is called Pages. The spreadsheet one is Numbers. I use both of these and there are others around.

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings
Well sure I wouldn't expect the same features as I'd get on my Word program on my laptop, but if it can do some things that Word can do, I'll be happy.

I will definitely be looking into getting "Pages". Thanks!

digipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GoPackGo said:
Well sure I wouldn't expect the same features as I'd get on my Word program on my laptop, but if it can do some things that Word can do, I'll be happy.

I will definitely be looking into getting "Pages". Thanks!

The answer is key note hahaha

digipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GoPackGo said:
Ohh yeah I've heard of Key Note. I'll look into that, too. :D

Yea 9.99$ hehehe..

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm going to stick with free apps for now. This is a budget squeezer just to buy it. Asking for iTunes gift cards for Christmas though.

Most reactions

Latest posts