What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think you'll use your iPad for?

flashhead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I work internationally a lot. For the remainder of the year I will take a minimum of six - 14 hour flights to Asia (3 trips - 2 months stays per trip. I will take my powerbook to leave at the hotel(for heavier computing) and will carry the lighter ipad daily to pull out whenever I need to take notes (almost daily) or show a video or photos (regularly) to colleagues. The ipad will be far more useful at these tasks than my ipod touch (having 8 people gather around squinting to watch a video doesn't work.) I do not have an iphone, since I spend half the year, at least abroad, carrying AT&T for 3G has never made sense when I would use it so little. Now, when I go on vacation with my family I can buy it just for the month. I will get the 3G model just for the 1 to 2 months a year I will get the monthly plan. For vacations it will be the only device I will need to bring, not the heavier Macbook Pro.
I can also leave it as a digital picture frame when not in use. Will also play/use a couple of the apps that I currently have on my ipod. Ical will certainly be a more pleasant experience. I've read about a dozen books on my ipod touch so far. I find it manageable, but will be much better on the larger screen. it will also be a great portable DVD player/book reader/game player for my 7 year-old daughter when trapped somewhere (car, in a line, shopping, etc.)

Version 1.0 will be a benefit to me starting right away for the things it can do and do very well. (will be great for those long plane rides.). But who knows, maybe I'll pass this down to my daughter and get the next generation as well.:)

galloschramme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i've got an iMac 24", and i can do nearly everything with it. The only thing i can't is carry it with me
buying a MacBook was too expensive, and an iPhone is too small
so when the iPad was announced, i felt saved ;)

i think i'm going to use it like a macbook & an iPhone:
- internet & mail
- typing text (notes, pages, …)
- calender & contacts
- sharing photos
- giving presenations (keynote)
- watching movies
- …

i think it fits me very well

Last edited:

Fretboard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ipadlot.com
I'll use my iPad to surf the Internet, watch movies, read news, do some work, and anything else that I may find it useful for.

I'm looking forward to the on sale date on or around March 29th.

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since it's the next best thing since "sliced bread", I may even use it as a bread board.

Nah, too messy:ipad-peacock: :D

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ill probably get an extra one for the bathroom....with a rope!

Max you give me an idea for a products i will develop, since it will be out you will of course have one :) thank for you're idea of usage ... you already make my day

JocK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ill probably get an extra one for the bathroom....with a rope!
... careful not to confuse it with the soap pad! :p

Do they make ziplock bags big enough to handle the iPad?

See [ame="http://www.amazon.com/TrendyDigital-WaterGuard-Waterproof-Cover-Border/dp/B00373LR68/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1267324662&sr=8-1"]here[/ame].

Dwight

iPF Noob
Reaction score
elgato t.v. ?, Is there going to be an T.V tuner availible for the ipad? I would love to be able to get local digital t.v. Especially, at sporting events, like football (U.S), and baseball just for instant replays and stats. Ebooks and emagazines. Reference materials, photo journals, travel note pad and score keeping for little baseball.

dncngber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hopefully: my wife a PALS (patient with ALS) can use it for net-browsing, and as a note-pad when her voice fails. She is close to that now and I will buy the first I-pad I can afford......

iBean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I'll use it for looking at stuff, like books, email, web surfing, movies & TV shows. Since I have an iTouch, have about decided that I'll keep music, audio-books and such on it. It will be easier to plug in to when I'm driving and can only listen and it will leave more space on the iPad for the other stuff.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad can be a convenient remote control

I'd love to use the iPad as a remote.

Yeah last week 3 solution for use Iphone as multi remote control come out .... so of course all can be also used with ipad

Most reactions