What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think you'll use your iPad for?

jollywa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad is my college companion. I use it to replace notebooks and take handwritten notes digitally instead now.

Evelyn, that was a great rundown on what you use the iPad for. You are making good use of the technology. And having been a Physics najor in my college career, I know what you meant about the price and heft of a science textbook. Oh, if only we had iPad back in the day. :)

I use my iPad for notetaking in meetings. May I ask what notetaking apps you like best. (I will check over on the thread about the "best notetaking apps", just to see if you have posted there, also.

cvadh387

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found a new use for my iPad: to read PDF documents. Yesterday the place I worked at wanted me to read this 68 page long PDF document and it was nearing the time I normally go to bed so I only skimmed through the first few pages and decided to print it out and bring it to work the next day..but then my printer was having problems so I couldn't print. I didn't want to use my iPad at first because it's practically brand new and I didn't want to risk it getting stolen. But then I eventually got my iPad, downloaded ibooks, then saved the PDF document on there and took it to work with me. I am so in love with this thing! I saved time, paper, and ink! Win! :)

DQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
JohnnyApple said:
Honestly, I think I will use it mainly as an eBook reader and also as a mobile internet tablet when you just don't feel like getting out the whole laptop... ie, on the couch.

Second to that, on plane flights as a movie platform it will be nice as the screen size is great and the battery life will beat even my 17" Macbook Pro.

All in all, there are a few neat uses for it but mainly those 3 for me.

What about you?

My desktop is mainly for work, and the iPad is play: browsing, movies, news, music, games, etc. Although I could technically use the iPad for work (I write books) I can't imagine writing and editing a 400 page plus book in Pages. That's when I need my desktop and that 22 inch monitor!

akintomide

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use my iPad for the following:
Browsing the Internet. NEWS MAGAZINES,
Checking my email
Taking down notes
Watching movies
Playing music (over 750 tracks)
Composing music and mixing (GarageBand)
Writing (Document To Go) GoodReader, Pages etc.
Playing Games-Monopoly, Scrabble. Who Want to be a Millionaire?
Social Networking- This forum, Twitter, Skype, Yahoo Messenger, FaceBook.
Checking Weather.
Clock and Alarm
Lighting.

What else?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

dorban

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.oydesign.com
Mini-teleprompter

As a semi-pro performing musician, I'm planning on using mine as a sort of mini "teleprompter," for set lists, song lyrics and arrangements.

kustard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had mine a little over a week now and I use mine for email, web browsing (mostly iPad forums and TiPb), Facebook, Twitter ect. I have hardly touched my laptop since I got my iPad and now I am seriously considering a MacBook!!

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
By habit, I play very few computer games because I work so much with computers that I try to get away from them as much as I can on my days off. However, with the iPad I've found myself downloading and playing a lot more games on this single platform than all my previous computers combined, especially with games that are either free or price-reduced to free or under a dollar.

William B

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the

Samsung tab, but am waiting for the new Ipad II to arrive here in Thailand. I have read that that will be 1 May, so I will pick it up in June. Then I will have two wonderful tablets.
Many people are leaving their heavy laptops home. Why take them when these at least keep you going if you are doing business. I am retired US Veteran and love taking my Tab out to the malls where wifi is all about. The Thai's love IT and they are indeed in tune. Albeit many can not afford all of these products, then again many can.

Love this forum and site.

Honestly, I think I will use it mainly as an eBook reader and also as a mobile internet tablet when you just don't feel like getting out the whole laptop... ie, on the couch.

Second to that, on plane flights as a movie platform it will be nice as the screen size is great and the battery life will beat even my 17" Macbook Pro.

All in all, there are a few neat uses for it but mainly those 3 for me.

What about you?

William B

iPF Noob
Reaction score
off topic

but from a Vietnam veteran who is not well I wish you all the best.
i suffer from cancer and i have a 27 inch imac and am going through chemo right now, so alot of days it hard for me to sit at my desk for long periods so the ipad will allow me the ability to be in bed and not struggle with a laptop and also im blind in one eye from my iraq days as a solider so the screen on the ipad will be so much easier than using a iphone when im to sick to sit up:)

William B

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you

work for Apple or just a cheer leader??

I am going to replace my laptop and use it for everything. I love to read, I enjoy Twittering and Facebook. As well as emailing my kids. I love to sit with my little ipod and do so many things and this will be a wonderful replacement for that. I will be able to see this with my old eyes. I love all kinds of apps. I cant wait.

That's the ticket! It's sounding like they made the iPad just for you :D

Jessicaem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I puchased iPad 2 last week mainly for reading websites and PDF's. iPad 2 has become integral part of my life, if I didn't have the iPad 2 I would not have been able carry on with studies along with working full time. I also thank APPLE for making such a great device that is helping me in shaping up my dreams.

ipad2iscool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I’m thinking of setting up my Ipad 2 so it can manage my home security, has anyone done this yet?
or can anyone recommend an app that would help me to accomplish this?

Most reactions

Latest posts