What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think you'll use your iPad for?

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Honestly, I think I will use it mainly as an eBook reader and also as a mobile internet tablet when you just don't feel like getting out the whole laptop... ie, on the couch.

Second to that, on plane flights as a movie platform it will be nice as the screen size is great and the battery life will beat even my 17" Macbook Pro.

All in all, there are a few neat uses for it but mainly those 3 for me.

What about you?

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Honestly, I think I will use it mainly as an eBook reader and also as a mobile internet tablet when you just don't feel like getting out the whole laptop... ie, on the couch.

Second to that, on plane flights as a movie platform it will be nice as the screen size is great and the battery life will beat even my 17" Macbook Pro.

All in all, there are a few neat uses for it but mainly those 3 for me.

What about you?

Well i would use it to bring it to school.(when i get bored). But the ipad is pretty big so ill get caught to easy.

Besides that ill be using it on my bed laying down,playing some game the il get addicted to. Probably use it to check out Youtube,Ipadforums.net:), and research. My mom likes to take pics so ill make a cool video on it(slide show) and give it to her for a present.

shinelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
facebook, youtube, games, web, apps, music, vids, pics.
that what i will use

KiltedTim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So many things. It will replace my paper Day-Timer to start. Calendar, contacts, notes, and integrate with Exchange for Calendar and contacts as well as e-mail. Web browsing will be handy when I'm out and about. I'm also looking forward to using it as a remote console for my servers when I need quick access from someones desk. Then of course, there's sitting on the couch reading the news and generally browsing the web to keep up with the world, reading books, of course. Playing solitaire during those long boring conference calls, and using it to keep notes of stuff I need to take out of meetings.

It will most likely replace my laptop as my traveling companion when I have to take short trips for work and don't need all the power of my laptop and I'm sure I'll load up a movie or 2 when I'm on vacation. Come to think of it, a movie would be nice to have sometimes when I'm camping. When the weather turns bad, it's nice to have a distraction.

OP
JohnnyApple

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Very awesome guys, keep em coming!

dixy2k

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Instead of a laptop. I think it will be more convenient, as far as size goes. 3G data will be cheaper as well.

iVegas702

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will use it when I go camping and riding my ATV. Watch movies, videos and read at camp. When around the house use it to play games and run different apps.

iDoug

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll use it to browse the web and knockout some emails while on the couch or in bed. I also think it will be great for those 2 or 3 days trips when you need to handle something quickly and efficiently. The airport is another great environment for an iPad :)

dennis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
- Email (work & personal)
- Surf the web
- Read news
- Read digital magazines
- Read technical manuals & admin guides (PDFs)
- Occasionally log into a server and do some maintenance (RDP, VNC and SSH)
- YouTube
- Watch movies on planes
- Maybe a few games

I would love to do all of those simple tasks without dealing with the weight and bulk (and heat!) of a laptop.

I probably won't do much document or spreadsheet editing though. I'll probably still do the more intensive work stuff on my laptop.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
read online geek news
read and reply to some email, after my ''official'' working time
watch online movie ( most of time is my wife do that)
play puzzle and game like that
watching movie on plane ( i often travel)
and globally i will bring when i am in bizz trip and in week-end
globally it will replace my home Macbook

and i am sure more usage will come out , when i will get in hand

Max

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.maxtatau.com
Like any 10 year old Im just gonna sit there and touch it!

Nah. serioulsy, Im gonna try and hack the crap out it, while im doing all the above, (surf, type, load music on to it, try to figure out what way I like to hold it, play games) and so on...

iBean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really miss having a laptop to fiddle with on the couch while watching TV (or when sitting c/ hubby while he watches football). Had my last PC laptop to do that with till a few months ago when it finally crashed. Now am chained to the iMac at my desk, or my iTouch. Don't do well with email on that as my fingers are to big to type well. So I'll do
email
surfing
maybe Skyping once I get that figured out
YouTube
stuff like that!:D

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
haha, ya I can't wait to unlock this thing and really see what it can do!

Like any 10 year old Im just gonna sit there and touch it!

Nah. serioulsy, Im gonna try and hack the crap out it, while im doing all the above, (surf, type, load music on to it, try to figure out what way I like to hold it, play games) and so on...

OP
JohnnyApple

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You'll be able to sit on the couch next to your hubby and watch your favorite movie on your iPad (with headphones) while he watches football and it will still be considered "Quality Time" together.

Maybe I'll have to get one for my girlfriend too! :)

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ah, that's the best time to browse. This device will be perfect for this use!

I really miss having a laptop to fiddle with on the couch while watching TV (or when sitting c/ hubby while he watches football). Had my last PC laptop to do that with till a few months ago when it finally crashed. Now am chained to the iMac at my desk, or my iTouch. Don't do well with email on that as my fingers are to big to type well. So I'll do
email
surfing
maybe Skyping once I get that figured out
YouTube
stuff like that!:D

Most reactions

Latest posts