What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think you'll use your iPad for?

Reaction score
Website
www.Facebook.com

Veritas4420

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought I would just use my iPad for games/surfing and movies but I have found my 1 year old loves some of the kids apps and when I read to him(his favorite is toy story)

Tasty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Where I used my ipad

I use my iPad every where at home ,as well as it travels with me to work. This device is a must have .I surf the internet,chat on line as well as play games, read emails, watch movies,listen to music , its a all around excellent navigation tool.:)

Ipad Designer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't wait to get my iPad!

Will mostly use it for homework and for organizing business strategies. Can't wait til I can get it!

melvynadam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The killer app for me is Zinio. I can't wait to move my magazine reading to my iPad. Also looking forward to Kindle on the iPad and syncing my reading with my iPhone.

Rvh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For the first time in twenty years I did not take my laptop on vacation. Instead, I made do with the iPad. I could still do email and web browsing just fine. I liked being able to have it up and running in the car while driving around to find restaurants, exhibits, golf courses, etc. I would never fire up the laptop for that stuff.

I did get stuck once because I need a file from my desktop. That would not have been a problem with the laptop because I use syncing software that keeps all the files synced between the laptop and the desktop. So, I sprang for the $30 LogMeIn Ignition which worked like a charm.

Bob

AprilRain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using it pretty much as planned... as a sort of 3/4 laptop. With a much longer battery life! What I hadn't planned on was the versatility, and most especially, the outstanding resolution. Makes sharing my photos (love the camera connector kit) very nice.

Nilef

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Planning to use it as an ebook reader, and as a supplement to my PC so I can, for instance, listen to music and use MSN whilst I play full-screen games.

Reaction score
I purchased the ipad to increase my productivity at work. As a functioning two-finger typer I would like to take handwritten notes and convert them into a word document. I've not yet found an app that will do that. There are apps that will convert into text, but not word. Any suggestions.

PhillySportsTC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pretty sure that I'm just going to be using it for work when on the road, meeting with clients. Seems as though the iPad is making extra money on millions of people becaus they have to buy APP's just to run Programs, etc. I'm not feeling that...but my job bought this for me and I'm glad, because I hope to be more efficient when out in the field. That's m main reason for using this iPad. I already spent about $100 on apps and I haven't even gotten to the start of the new year as of yet. Ugh!

iPadIssues

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My laptop along with my other stuff makes my backpack very crowded and heavy. Plus my laptop freezes randomly when I touch it. I figure I'd leave my laptop at home and use the iPad for RDP, word processing, browsing and other things while I'm at school.

Most reactions

Latest posts