What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think you'll use your iPad for?

Reaction score
HEllo every one reading this message

Frankly speaking! I use my iPad for downloading and playing games. I mostly like puzzle games. wanted to try puzzle games for your iPad???

cogboot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello

I am still in the process of discovering the iPad and its applications, in the meantime I am using it for the following:
- irc chat
- Studying maps (just for the fun of it)
- General internet browsing
- Storing and reading PDF files
- Reading local and international news
- multiple email usage, private and professional
- Mahjong (I like simplicity in a game)
- Photography storing and viewing
- Digital magazines

That pretty much sums it up....

Hyperion12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love using my iPad to read books and study for exams!

I have lots of friends studying for the GRE and GMAT exams, and they suggested I use my iPad to study. I found the The Princeton Review and Kaplan both have study aids that work great on iPad.

Actually, Kaplan has a great promotion going on right now (1/4/2011) where you can download free study aids for free for iPad. The Web site is FreeKaplaneBooks.com, if you want to check it out.

A lot of the Kaplan study aids on iPad are interactive and have "flashcard-like" design that really helps. Not bad for a free book!

Anyway, I hope this inspires all the students reading this to utilize their iPad in a studious way.

Drew H.

David Vice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll b using the pAd for everything it does..:)....mostly just web surfing blogging and videos. Too bad it's more of a consumer product than a creation machine. Still love it though.

Good iPaddin:ipad-keyboard:

Aksel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use my iPad for: Games, taking notes while in class, surfing the web, calendar and just about everything I otherwise would use a computer to do. In fact the only things I use my computer to is watching flash vids and doing heavy writing. But when I get the zagg mate w/keyboard even heavy typing on my IPad will be possible. Gotta love the IPad.

With Wings

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Simple tasks now: email, with 3G I use google maps for work, watching Netflix is awesome on it. More uses to come as I get more familiar with it's capabilities.

cosmonaut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a lot of programming guides and installation manuals I use on my job but never seem to be able to keep up with them. I downloaded Documents to go and have them all at my fingertips now. Plus make a nice portfolio of my landscape pictures.

seamoir

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad

I would use my ipad for mostly music oriented things. I play several different instruments and I've found an iPad app called Symphony Pro that is kind of like a portable Finale program which is perfect for a musician on the go like me.

CuriousDan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have moved my entire sheet music collection on the iPad and still not finished scanning. Maybe not perfect for live performances, but exceptional as reference and choosing the music I have to play. And GoodReader is just brillant.

jollywa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My main thoughts when I bought it were that I would use it as a tablet to take handwritten notes in meetings and to manage my many lists. I wanted the functionality of a tablet computer, with the size and lighter weight of the old HP TX1100 tablets where you could detach the keyboard.
I am now finding that I use it for those things, but also to amuse myself on long plane trips between North America and Asia. (Last year I logged 123,000 miles.) I use it as an e-book reader. I also download magazines, as airplane trips are about the place where I have time to indulge myself with magazines. (I love the Zinio app) The iPad is a lot lighter than a half dozen magazines would be!
I also use it as a platform for watching movies. Some airlines still do not have personal screens, and those who do, often show movies that I already saw. Also, I sometimes travel the same route a couple of times in the same month, so I go through the ones that I have not seen before pretty quickly. I like downloading my own movies via iTunes and watching them on the iPad. Some I buy from the iTunes store and some I import from my own purchased DVDs via a conversion software that is on my laptop.
I don't play a lot of games, but I do enjoy Sudoku and Bookworm, a PopCap game that is really intended for iPhone, but which functions pretty well on iPad as well.
I hav yet to get the email function to work for me, but I hope to be abel to use it for email, as well.
And of course, for browsing the web.

Terry A

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Email on iPad

While you won't find the iPad as functional as a full-fledged email client (at least, not without some app assistance) you'll probably love the convenience of dealing with email on a nice sized screen without having to break out the notebook.

Henning737

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All of the above plus as a pilot logbook! The IPAD replaced my ebook reader and net book completely.... All I hope is that either my company will move away from flash/shockwave or iPad will end up supporting both... ;-)

Most reactions

Latest posts