What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think you'll use your iPad for?

dupont2005

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I bought it for just a few things. Movies, casual games, and reading. I was actually deciding if I should buy a reading chair and light or an iPad. My house is like a cave and there is no good lighting anywhere. I am absolutely sick of reading in my bed with my nightstand light. I figured this could be more fun than a chair and lamp, and I don't have the space for it anyway. As I see what all it can do I see so much more I want to do with it though. I have and iPod Touch and I use it for so much. Taking notes, it's my blood glucose log, I check the e-mail with it all the time. I read the news and check the stock market on it. I'll likely do all that with the iPad now. I think Thursday I'll drive out to the mal and pick up that thick magazine with 100 iPad app reviews. I already read it the other day but now that I own an iPad I might want to bring it home.

bigmike7801

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a web developer so I think I'll use it for giving clients quick previews of their websites and for quick updates in Wordpress. Also, maybe programming updates if a nice text editor/ftp app ever comes out!

Also, would be cool to control everything in my house from it ;)

ruthsgiftbaskets

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.labellabaskets.com
KINDLE, and yes that is suppose to be first in all caps. :) Netflix movies, checking out my work sites, and other work, such as blogs, etc. E-mails, photos. Love Pandora, and love the local radio stations. Checking out the weather. These are daily things.

I'm next looking into putting out my own music on it, haven't so far.

This is an ongoing question as there is infinite potential.

I do miss not having an actual drive. And I will be glad when there is flash potential, and other upgrades that are not letting me read certain programs such as bravenet etc.

Al Stevens

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm an author. I found that iPad is the best medium available to me for editing books. The display is crisp and easy to read. My eyes are old and worn out, and it's difficult to see, for example, punctuation errors on the computer screen and on the Kindle. The iPad solved that problem. The bookmark and notes features make it easy to mark up a manuscript for later correction on the computer.

Al Stevens

aerviscool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Internet, ebooks

i love my ipad its served as a replacement for my laptop and i like the idea of more and more people getting one

dingster1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll use it with a Boxwave case to teach Sunday school. I have a MBP for everything else.

kidashley25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it is great in ebooks, facebook, games i love to use the tap tapversion of the ipad it's very wide and also the racing games. you can use it also on documents and pdf files.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts