What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Do You Think People Will Be Saying..?

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Heh we will be shaking our heads at how primitive it was, like a dos computer with 2mb of ram....

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Heh we will be shaking our heads at how primitive it was, like a dos computer with 2mb of ram....

Err, DOS with 640KB of RAM, because "who could ever need more than 640K of Memory?"

And yes I know that's not precisely what he said. ;)

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Probably not more than they said about the Apple II 10 years after its' incarnation of the IBM PC for that matter.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We'lll be saying about the same thing as we do of the first Mac:"How could we deal with so little memory!"

You guys are all passing by the Touch interface. The first Macs had the first mice to market, now the first iPad has...well Apple has the first unique Touch interface...

Apple has a way to create user ergonomics, that's what appeals to me. Granted a tablet is nice but even such a slick one as the iPad wouldn't feel good with an OS like Windows. It's the whole package that makes it so appealing.

Last edited:

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Err, DOS with 640KB of RAM, because "who could ever need more than 640K of Memory?"

And yes I know that's not precisely what he said. ;)
How about 1/10th that amount of memory? I still have one of these... somewhere... in the basement... or the attic... or the garage...

28_main.jpg

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or how about this one:

"Remember when it was the Apple iPad? Before Google bought everyone?"

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
about the iPad 10 years from now?
great invention?
ahead of its time?
Crap?

I'll ask a few counter-questions: what do you think of the IBM Thinkpad 701C? The Sony VAIO 505? IBM Transnote? Toshiba Libretto 50? The Canon Printjet? Heck, even more recent, what do you think of the Asus Eee PC 700?

Each introduced a new or groundbreaking technology or design (the IBM 701C is the only laptop ever displayed at the Museum of Modern Art), and the few people that remember them haven't thought of them in years. Technology moves way too fast for the iPad to have more than a couple of years in the spotlight.

Whay will people think in 10 years? They'll think it's frustratingly slow, or has too small a drive capacity, or wonder how we got by without a 3D display and only 10 hours of battery...

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipod-first-gen-5gb.jpg

Well this came to market 9 years ago...I think it's pretty well remembered....hell I still see people using them!!

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
...we all remember the Sony Walkman and the Atari 2600.. Hell - many fondly remember (me included) their Sinclair Spectrums with it's rubber keyboard, their very first computer; I think I could even still smash out a few lines of BASIC. The very first of their kind.

I think the iPad will be remembered as the first of it's kind - while technically not correct, the fact is that the iPad is the first successful consumer tablet computer; wether it's detractors like it or not.

Given the amount of vapourwear tablets being touted and the "train crash" that is the HP tablet running windows 7's (video on endgadget if you want to feel terribly uncomfortable on HP and Microsofts behalf - it's so painful to watch it's not even funny), I think the iPad will remain the dominant tablet device for the foreseeable future.

Actually, given how poorly many companies have risen to the iPad challenge so far, I wouldn't be surprised if they delay the release of the 2nd generation for a few more months, just to take full advantage of any 'improvements' they have in the pipeline. Keep those competitors chasing ;)

*I lie. It's EXTREMELY funny. Especially given the apple haters saying how they're going to have a $400 tablet running Photoshop.. Ha.. That thing can't even run IE smoothly. "look how I scroll this page" (nothing on the screen moves). It's looks like he's permanently using teamviewer... Actually - scrub that - team viewer is smoother than that on my iPad... over the Internet. ;)

Last edited:
OP
Ultrimate

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
man, I been using sony walkmans since I was 15 yrs old, im 39 now..

i would always get the most tiny cassette players and wow the ladys in high school.. felt like james bond and shit, lol..

i got one of the first mainstream mp3 players in the late 90's..

it was the RIO.. sucked only had like 92 mb storage.. but took cards..

still have it, may save it for as it may become antique or sell for parts on ebay..

Most reactions

Latest posts