What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please give opinion!

Screamjeanne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been turning over and over this question, well really questions since before Christmas. I think I want the new iPad 2, so I felt I should sell my original iPad 32g 3G now. I knew I probably should've done it before the hype started for 2, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Now I'm more motivated, but still DO NOT like the idea of being without my pad for 3 months, but know I'll get more money for it now (should have it done at Xmas for more money). How are y'all handling it? How much would you list it for? Have had several people offer 500 already. Is that good? Y'all seem so knowable, I turn to y'all. My husband laughs at me all the time. That iPad commercial comes on and all the people are doing inventive, creative, and productive things. He says he wants to see some," truth in advertising", showing me sitting playing Angry Birds and We Rule! Lol. Appreciate any input!
ScreamJeanne

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Everything you are talking about is theoretical.

Although there is a pretty good chance there will be a 2nd generation iPad (probably some time in April), not one is exactly sure what features it will have (although there is a lot of speculation).

Are there features you have heard about that you just gotta have or are you one of those people who has to have the latest and greatest?

The other huge variable is when is the best time to sell your tired old worn out 1st generation iPad and how much to ask for it?

No one really knows the answer because there has never been an iPad before!

OP
S

Screamjeanne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've heard it's going to lighter and a better screen. I have to admit I'm one of those people that does like the newest. Though, I was proud of myself with the phone4. The iPhone 3GS was the first iPhone I bought and didnt run out for 4. Now, I've heard 5 is coming. I'll have to buy that one(mine phone has been acting wacky lately).

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a post here somewhere from a person who sold his iPad for the exact price as new, save for the accessories that went with it. So who knows what you could get. His I think was the same as mine, (16GB wifi) and he got the full brand new price of $500 for 16GB wifi while yours is 32GB 3G which brand new is what, $729 I think? That seller got the same as you're being offered for what he paid for his iPad itself and yours has double memory and 3G. I'm no expert and 1991-C4 raises the good point that this new territory, but I would wager that you could get more than $500.

Last edited:

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You're almost always going to lose when you sell the older generation of something after the new generation comes out. Personally, I am going to wait to see for myself exactly what the new iPad has to offer and then decide how bad I want those features. I still have my 2nd generation iPod Touch if that is any indication!

OP
S

Screamjeanne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought that as well. I had probably 5 people jump to me immediately with 500. Seemed too eager.

Last edited:
OP
S

Screamjeanne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I forgot. One valid reason I would like a new iPad is to upgrade to 64gb I really didn't think I would use that much memory, because it seemed enough on my phone for the past years, but no. I'd like the bigger one. (that's what she said-I'm sorry- I'm an office fan-can't help myself)

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So it goes back to second guessing whether to sell now hoping to maximize profit, and ride out the wait for the new one, projected to come out in April. Or selling when the new one comes out but less profit with the new one out. But it also depends on the price point for the iPad 2.

Most reactions

Latest posts