What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Do You Think People Will Be Saying..?

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The first and one of the most popular of many highly portable, yet affordable tablets. I wouldnt call it Apple's invention, but they are the first to make them affordable.

skatealex2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The first and one of the most popular of many highly portable, yet affordable tablets. I wouldnt call it Apple's invention, but they are the first to make them affordable.

as much as I love the ipad, this #### is pretty expensive, lol.

OP
Ultrimate

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
first off, u can buy a iPad for 500 if u just get the smallest flash drive and just WIFI..

second off, if they keep making iPads, like Sony keeps making Playstation, and they just keep the name (ps2 ps3, etc..)

then it will be remembered..

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The most portable slate Tablet PCs have typically been around $3000. Yes, the iPad at $500 is pretty affordable comparatively.

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Evolution of the tablet market.

Not cheap by any means for user function vs size. For it's size it's great but you lack many features we've become accustom to. Just like the Mac air. Great laptop minus other features like DVD player..

For $700 (mine) it's a great toy. Expensive because it's not fully practical..sorry.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah, it certainly has its limits, but its also not $3000. Right now, nothing else does more for less.

OP
Ultrimate

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i paid almost 3000 bucks for an IBM thinkpad some years ago.. now thats expensive.. I gave it away some days ago to my cousin.. its pretty outdated now..

IGonz

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Not cheap by any means for user function vs size. For it's size it's great but you lack many features we've become accustom to. Just like the Mac air. Great laptop minus other features like DVD player..

For $700 (mine) it's a great toy. Expensive because it's not fully practical..sorry.

Sorry about what? You bought the iPad.

Pingles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They will be saying:

"That's the one that started the giant Tablet onslaught of 2011!"

Honestly, reading Engadget is dizzying because of the constant flurry of Tablet announcements.

Just today:

Cherrypal announces $188 CherryPad America Android tablet -- Engadget

Augen Android tablet bonanza: Espresso Doppio dual boots Ubuntu, Firma packs magical pen powers -- Engadget

And yes, the iPad is cheap. My Fujitsu Slate was $2400. My iPad does everything i used my Slate for, but without needing a pen.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
And yes, the iPad is cheap. My Fujitsu Slate was $2400. My iPad does everything i used my Slate for, but without needing a pen.
I still miss the pen. For drawing, there is nothing better than a pressure sensitive pen - and I actually used the handwriting recognition quite a bit. The pen also has mouseover/hover and right-click capabilities. I'm managing without it, but I still miss it.

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Sorry about what? You bought the iPad.

Because it's not fully practical in my eyes. I still need my pc to get by in life. Others don't see it the same way.

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What they will be saying is:

"Remember when these things weighed over a pound and you couldn't fold one to put it in your pocket?"

Most reactions

Latest posts