What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you hate the most about your Ipad?

What do you hate the most about your Ipad?

• no multitasking

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • no flash support

Votes: 41 48.2%
  • no camera

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • typing is uncomfortable

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Something Else(Please post it in the forum)

Votes: 25 29.4%

• Total voters

fairoasis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
that what grandkids are for ..my five grandkids have all ready give me there Xmas ideas ..they all want a ipad for Xmas time ..

Same here. Daughter, SIL, Son, DIL, and Granddaughter ALL want iPads. I've started putting my pennies in the jar.
Since I've had my iPad, my 75 yr old mom is reading my Kindle and wants one for Xmas.

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hate that the 3g wasn't available at the same time as the wifi only version. That's about it.

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hate, that the European version is delayed for another month, because you in the US bought to many iPads and don't want to share it with the rest of the world ;)

No, just kidding, I believe, that Apple was overwhelmed by the success of the iPad and underestimated this completely.

Max

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.maxtatau.com
I hate the fact I cant put it down! My life is upside down, no laundry, a bunch of fastfood, not paying attention at work!! Aaarrrgghh! Lol just kidding folks! It will only get better from here on out!

Frog88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
USB support, closed platform

Wish there was an easy way to load data e.g. pics in the iPad without the iTunes/computer leash; USB support would have been great. Still struggling with Windows iTunes9 that seems to be a bloated and buggy piece of code; I guess the first accessory for an iPad is ... a Mac computer :p. Also waiting for a stable iTune-like data transfer apps running on Linux.

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess the first accessory for an iPad is ... a Mac computer :p.

That is intended by Apple and called the "Halo-effect"

Also waiting for a stable iTune-like data transfer apps running on Linux.

I doubt, that this will ever happen. The Linux user group is not a focus group for Apple. Their target market are "the rest of us" people.....no nerds.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Wish there was an easy way to load data e.g. pics in the iPad without the iTunes/computer leash; USB support would have been great. Still struggling with Windows iTunes9 that seems to be a bloated and buggy piece of code; I guess the first accessory for an iPad is ... a Mac computer :p. Also waiting for a stable iTune-like data transfer apps running on Linux.

What kind of problems are you having in iTunes. I'm running Windows 7 and iTunes 9 (on a netbook no less) and no problems at all.

I do agree though that as a pretty tech savvy guy I would like to just put content on myself.... But, realize one of the major selling points, and reasons for success, of iPods, iPhones and now iPads is their ease of use. Most consumers love to just plug it in and let iTunes deal with content.

Ghuda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nothing, I can do everything I planned to do with it and it does everything it was advertised to be capable of.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I thought of something. No native printer support. I had to get air share HD to print and that only let's you print docs on your computer (not the iPad memory) and email. Fix that and it's 5 star for me :)

hendjo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I already voted for multitasking but lack of flash has overtaken it. Found too many sites that don't function well without it. Found new one yesterday. Overheating and shutting down while using in the sun on a cool day. See the overheating thread.

jmiked

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There’s nothing about the iPad I "hate", but I'm annoyed:

1. By the fact that I have to hook up a USB cable to sync with iTunes. Why can’t this be done via WiFi? I'm gonna wear the connectors out.

2. That it can't remember my password for the iTunes store.

3. That Apple changed the behavior in the web browser class for iPad so it doesn’t support zooming (except the whole page).

But they got so many other things right!

Edit: After thinking about it, I do hate one thing: no user-replaceable battery.

Last edited:

Owen Coffin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
uhhhh, actually it isn't a USB Port. it's a 30 pin connector

gentlefury wrote: What do you think that rectangular hole that you use to plug it into your computer is?

kravdog wrote: That would be an apple 30 pin connector on the iPad, thank you very much. Not a USB that easily accepts a sierra air card.

Secondly, I love my iPad, but the title of the thread is "what do you hate the most"--- Its not really cool for a moderator of the forum to then jump down people's throats when they post....

Now, to turn it back to you---- what do you think microfiber cloth is for?

gentlefury wrote: It actually is a USB port, the female dongle is on the way...whether software will be written to use additional hardware is up to the developers.

Owen Coffin wrote: If it really were a USB port there would be no need for a dongle.

Note to gentlefury: Your attitude, behavior and level of (read lack of) knowledge are really quite poor. Better check yourself.

What do I hate about the iPad? Aside from there not being a USB port, I hate that I had to get on my pc to answer this silly topic because I couldn't scroll within this window on my iPad.

I love the iPad, but no flash and no USB are major issues with me.

Oh, and why no spell checker here?

tap50

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kravdog wrote: That would be an apple 30 pin connector on the iPad, thank you very much. Not a USB that easily accepts a sierra air card.

Secondly, I love my iPad, but the title of the thread is "what do you hate the most"--- Its not really cool for a moderator of the forum to then jump down people's throats when they post....

Now, to turn it back to you---- what do you think microfiber cloth is for?

gentlefury wrote: It actually is a USB port, the female dongle is on the way...whether software will be written to use additional hardware is up to the developers.

Owen Coffin wrote: If it really were a USB port there would be no need for a dongle.

Note to gentlefury: Your attitude, behavior and level of (read lack of) knowledge are really quite poor. Better check yourself.

What do I hate about the iPad? Aside from there not being a USB port, I hate that I had to get on my pc to answer this silly topic because I couldn't scroll within this window on my iPad.

I love the iPad, but no flash and no USB are major issues with me.

Oh, and why no spell checker here?

To scroll within a window on a web site, use TWO fingers.

Todd

Most reactions

Latest posts