What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you hate the most about your Ipad?

What do you hate the most about your Ipad?

• no multitasking

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • no flash support

Votes: 41 48.2%
  • no camera

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • typing is uncomfortable

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Something Else(Please post it in the forum)

Votes: 25 29.4%

• Total voters

Lisa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As we know ipad is a great device but at the moment it has its limitations too.
Especially multitasking and flash thing.
I am kind of annoyed at mutlitasking not being possible?
what annoys you the post?

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well don't be annoyed for too long, OS 4.0 now has Multitasking support.

HTML5 takes care of FLASH

The iPad isn't a LAPTOP or DESKTOP replacement, its the Magical device in between.

If you were at the coffee shop spying over my shoulder this evening, you would think my iPad usage was borderline multitasking, creating, surfing, researching and just down right amazing! :)

IMHO the iPad is about as limiting as ones own imagination, and oh there's an app for that.

OP
L

Lisa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i didnt knew about the OS development.
that would be a great thing to have.
bcoz right now i hate both lack of multitasking and no flash support.

DaveC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can do some multitasking

Some of the built in (official Apple) applications do multitask. For example, Mail checks for and sends emails in the background, iTunes will play in the background, and Safari will do some things in the background as well.

In the case of Safari, you can use it as a music player for streaming music stations to get around the problem with Pandora not streaming in the background.

Check this thread:
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/1...c-background-without-itunes-using-safari.html

Not exactly Pandora, but until iPhone OS 4.0 comes out, not at all a bad workaround if you want to listen to music while you're doing other things.

Dave

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What do I hate most about ipad.

There is not anything I "hate" about my Ipad. There are two things that are annoy me a little but I can live with it:

Fingerprints

App store prices-Take 1password for example-I had it for the Iphone/Ipod Touch and liked it. I really did not have to buy the ipad version but thought it would be cool. For 6.99 I am not impressed.

I want to see some package pricing for apps that will run on the Mac and my Ipad. For example if I buy a new version of Iwork for my Mac I would like to see some kind of discount code for the App store that would allow me to buy Iwork for my Ipad. That would be awesome but I doubt we will see that.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
some of the apps for the ipad i really do not like for seaching some of the game apps i wanted on the store now are gone .. .. plus i hate the fact that i have to have itunes account for loading music into the unit that i do not like that little pain in the butt for me ..for i feel that once i have bought the unit alllong with the desktop unit ..i should not have a problem loading music that i allready own onto a any device that i own ..that my one pet thing with apple and it products ..but i understand the reason behind it but it still a little bit of a pain to have to update the itunes to get the some of the music to load here and there .. ..

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
this is the one thing i can not understand when people say about the whole thing about not haveing a camera or the multi tasking ..it can multi task like the one post told you how to do it ..

my thing is more for a basic checking of the emails and send a few emails here and there i need to send ..checkng my website i go to daily along with the online tracking of the items i order for personal use are where they need to be with the tracking number to see where they are at ..keeping track of the book and dvd library along with my oversized ipod touch mp3 player unit ..that it ..i do not need to lug a laptop around to do those basic fuctions when ipad serves those fuctions very well ..plus cut down on the items i have to carry with me on a daily work and play

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You know what I hate the most?

Being on break between classes, trying to study, or prep for a quiz/test using the GREAT education apps available, when someone walks up to me to ask me about the iPad. If they just have a couple questions I don't mind, but then when they start talking about how they read on the Internet that it's really not worth the money and it can't do Flash and can't multitask, no camera, etc, etc. It's happened 4 times over the last week, I was nice enough the first three times, but the last time I told the guy if he hated my iPad so much, he should leave me alone and not ask stupid questions about it.

I like my iPad, it's perfect for what I need it for, I don't need anything more than it does. I just hope this newness wears off soon so people will stop approaching me about it. It's interrupting my studies.

ifadpan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You know what I hate the most?

Being on break between classes, trying to study, or prep for a quiz/test using the GREAT education apps available, when someone walks up to me to ask me about the iPad. If they just have a couple questions I don't mind, but then when they start talking about how they read on the Internet that it's really not worth the money and it can't do Flash and can't multitask, no camera, etc, etc. It's happened 4 times over the last week, I was nice enough the first three times, but the last time I told the guy if he hated my iPad so much, he should leave me alone and not ask stupid questions about it.

I like my iPad, it's perfect for what I need it for, I don't need anything more than it does. I just hope this newness wears off soon so people will stop approaching me about it. It's interrupting my studies.
I totally agree. Some people are just jealous because they can't afford to purchase one and so (to make themselves feel better) they have to criticize someone else who does own one.

dks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well, I do not have mine yet... but so far:

dealing with itunes... & the wait to receive it!

rorschach23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
- fingerprints
- lack of accesories in-stores (not online)
- have old wifi 1.0 wireless router. bout 6 yrs old, doesnt properly connect iPad to internet. :(
- wish was a way 2 upgrade to 3g version thru apple

other than that i have 0% problems @ all. period.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I were to say anything is physically disliked it's fingerprints, but as long as we have fingers that can't really be solved too easily.

As for software my only complaint is how the app store is handled. It really is annoying to navigate and discover is basically nonexistent if it's not on the homepage.

Other than that no complaints here!

kravdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dislike the lack of a Usb port - I have a 3G air card for work that would be great to use with my iPad, since I cant tether my bb curve

Most reactions

Latest posts