What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What case do u get for your iPad?

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
First thing I got was a cheap $9 microsoft netbook case to use until I could find a decent iPad case (all stores were sold out). Within a day of getting the Microsoft case I also got a full body Ghost Armor applied so that it would be protected and scratch proof both in and out of what ever case I put it in.

I ended up getting the: Incase - Book Jacket for Apple® iPad™ - Black
From bestbuy(with $20 off coupon).

The case is exactly what I wanted as far as design. Leather with a flap that you can just flip over and use the ipad while inside the case. The ipad is pretty well protected while inside the case. The back side has a nice cousion and the front has a good size gab between the cover and the actual screen. I also like the elastic band to keep the case closed.

However, the slots on the case dont line up well to the actual ipad slots and the entire headphone jack is covered without any way to access it. Its almost like the case was manufactured before they even knew the ipad dementions and where all the ports/headphone jacks were located. For this reason alone I would tell anyone thinking about buying this case to get something similar to it but dont buy this one.

koigurl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a CaseMate Gelli skin for my iPad and a Booq Taipan XS carrying case, both of which work very well for me. The Booq is a messenger bag with a velour-lined zipper compartment which encases my skinned iPad plus it has lots of extra slots for cords, stylus, folding keyboard, etc, without being at all bulky. The Casemate Gelli skin fits very well. I am patiently waiting out delayed production on a pre-ordered Quirky Cloak case which will have a cover and built-in stand for it's skin-style case. If I don't like it, I will return the Cloak and begin looking for a separate stand.

tluv00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bought the Mareware Eco Vue. LOVE this case. It does add weight of course because of the leather but I feel so safe with this and it feel real good in the hand.

Eco-Vue for iPad

There is some reporting of the magnets messing with the onboard compass. Have you seen any of that?

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide still....I really like the Hard Candy Street Skin, but wonder if I would also prefer a portfolio type as well?

No clue what to get for the wife. her iPad is a suprize so I can't let her pick a cover ahead of time....thus the purchase of a 4$ eBay silicone case to get by for a bit. :D

yhst-12507765640553_2108_15830

Just ordered this. Free 2 day shipping threw Amazon Prime. :D

mom2kkchen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Went with this Clear wave Premium Crystal candy Silicone case only $14.79 great REVIEWS

And also went with cary case I can throw in my purse without getting any small particles on my IPAD
Speck Products Apple iPad PixelSleeve Plus Case $26

both on amazon total 40.79

Nightstar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bought the Mareware Eco Vue. LOVE this case. It does add weight of course because of the leather but I feel so safe with this and it feel real good in the hand.

Eco-Vue for iPad

There is some reporting of the magnets messing with the onboard compass. Have you seen any of that?

Rats!!! It does mess up the compass. Now I know what is messing up Beat the Traffic. If I keep the flap away if I am using anything that need the compass. It seem to be ok so far...

Wondering how to modify the eco-vuw to drop the magnets in the stand.

BFawlty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the Belkin Vue Grip silicone sleeve. Awesome feel. Also picked up the Griffin A-Frame to stand up and display -- another excellent choice. I am struggling on two things, though:

-- a "case" in which to transport it; and,
-- screen protection -- is this really a big deal?

Thanks!

I to am wondering about screen protection. As far a a case I bought the HardCandy bubble sleeve, I saw a review on you tube of the Belkin Vue Grip and he was able to use the bubble sleeve with the belkin case on the iPad. This is what I'm going to do. I travel a lot and am very pleased with HardCandy case.

Chris

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was never really worried too much over screen protection for multiple iPod Touches, Moto Droids, etc. The Screen is glass....it's really not going to scratch unless you take a diamond ring or other extremely hard item to it that would also tear threw any thin layer of plastic.

The main benefit I see is glare reduction, if the high gloss screen bothers you......

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I think my 4$ silicone case from eBay is actually shipping from HK (even tho the seller states US under the search results. :mad:)

So I ordered this using amazon Prime. 17.95$ shipped...will be here Friday with the iPads hopefully as 2 day shipping.

41WfE%2BKls5L._SS400_.jpg

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003NYO0O2/ref=oss_product"]Amazon.com: Apple iPad Empire Leather Portfolio Stand Case…[/ame]

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just ordered a Hard Candy Street Skin via Amazon. I really wanted an Otterbox Defender but the company hasn't brought the product to market in the past three months despite having it priced and featured on the web page. I've even called to inquire regarding an upcoming release.

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just ordered a Hard Candy Street Skin via Amazon. I really wanted an Otterbox Defender but the company hasn't brought the product to market in the past three months despite having it priced and featured on the web page. I've even called to inquire regarding an upcoming release.

I ordered a Street Skin on amazon for 39.95 last week, and now see it for 31$ :mad:

Post-Order Price Match Policy We do not offer post-order price matching when an item's price drops after you buy it. Our prices regularly change, and the price you paid when your order shipped was the lowest price we were able to offer at the time. We consistently offer competitive prices on everything we carry because we know low prices are very important to our customers.

Last edited:

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Most reactions

Latest posts