What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What case do u get for your iPad?

wdpower

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Apple leather case was supposed to be here yesterday but got stuck in HK. I am also waiting for the Otterbox Defender to come out, right now I crap when ever anyone gets too close to my iPad un protected.

I do like the bed sheet, any idea waht the tread count was? ;)

charriga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I figured since I always wind up taking my Kindle out of the case at home, I'd be happier with a sleeve. I decided to go flamboyant--got the Sena sleeve in red alligator. I haven't taken my iPad out of the house much, so it hasn't had much use. So far, no trouble from the magnets.

Appleslappy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a combo of the zagg front and back covers, and alternate between my hard candy street skins and my apple case. Seems to wok well for me until I see something that really knocks my socks off...

Holly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the Case Logic that Purplerorchid referred to. I have a Frogz skin to protect it. Works perfectly for my needs when I travel.

Kaelon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the Belkin Vue Grip silicone sleeve. Awesome feel. Also picked up the Griffin A-Frame to stand up and display -- another excellent choice. I am struggling on two things, though:

-- a "case" in which to transport it; and,
-- screen protection -- is this really a big deal?

Thanks!

EODtech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Plastic BACK COVER TRAY to protect the finish
tray.jpg

PADDED SLEEVE to cover and protect iPad
sleeve.jpg

PISTOL CASE ( open position ) to carry the iPad
opencase.jpg

PISTOL CASE ( Closed position)
closedcase.jpg

Total Cost under US$25

mraif

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Plastic BACK COVER TRAY to protect the finish
tray.jpg

PADDED SLEEVE to cover and protect iPad
sleeve.jpg

PISTOL CASE ( open position ) to carry the iPad
opencase.jpg

PISTOL CASE ( Closed position)
closedcase.jpg

Total Cost under US$25

Wow! That's a perfect fit for that pistol case!

Skyenet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a iPad Case of Ebay for £8.95 Great value for money.

Black leather wallet folio case cover +stand Apple ipad on eBay (end time 16-Jun-10 17:30:06 BST)

Also bought a IS03P Grip Protective Silicon Case Cover For Apple iPad from ebay for £3.96 which also included a protective screen cover which unfortunately I messed up when trying to attach it.

I also have a Netbook neoprene case which fits the iPad great. It only cost a few pounds as well. Between the three items, I find I have something suitable for most occasions.

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I want the street skin from Hard candy for my iPad, but not sure for the wife. I have 2 ordered but have not told her yet. I figure I'll have mine out for a bit to get her going, then hand her the one I got for her too. :D

Does Best Buy carry a good selection of skins\cases for these? Rather let her pick her own then guess what she may like and guess wrong.

Else I can get a couple cheap china covers until she makes up her mind as well.....

Found one on eBay for 3.99$ shipped...... purple silicone case, and from the US even....

Last edited:

Nightstar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Like others. Went with the Mareware Eco Vue.

Saw Leo Laport's one and how well it works. I said this is done right! Had the iPad about 1 day before it arived. Had order the case the week before...

With the soft non scratch inside and the two ways to do the stand. Just had to go with it...

Really makes it handy!

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide still....I really like the Hard Candy Street Skin, but wonder if I would also prefer a portfolio type as well?

No clue what to get for the wife. her iPad is a suprize so I can't let her pick a cover ahead of time....thus the purchase of a 4$ eBay silicone case to get by for a bit. :D

yhst-12507765640553_2108_15830

Most reactions