What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What can I send to Apple TV?

jmazzabufi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Besides, picture, videos and music - what else can be send to Apple TV to display on my TV?

Can i show any apps? web pages? Numbers spreadsheets?

Thanks

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jmazzabufi said:
Besides, picture, videos and music - what else can be send to Apple TV to display on my TV?

Can i show any apps? web pages? Numbers spreadsheets?

Thanks

If you have an iPad 2 you can mirror everything, some apps are unsupported still though like Netflix

Qdiddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With iPad 2 or 3 and iPhone 4s you can send anything to the apple tv through mirroring regardless if the app supports it or not

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
With iPad 2 or 3 and iPhone 4s you can send anything to the apple tv through mirroring regardless if the app supports it or not

Thats not true app developers can still prevent an app from mirroring. For instance the SkyGo app in the UK, when you switch mirroring on you get a message on your ATV that says HDMI output not supported by this app.

gshacienda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Double click the HOME button to open the standby icons at the bottom. Slide right to the portion that shows the music controls. You'll, next to the volume control the typicle rectangle with the arrow. tap it and choose AIRPLAY and you can see your iPad on TV.

Tiike

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I know if an app restricts mirroring? Trial and error?

TheMaster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can stream almost all content from your supported iOS device, and you can mirror screen on both iPad and Mac.

clermont

iPF Novice
Reaction score
when i click on the airplay on my ipad I see apple TV but there is no mirroring button to turn on

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
when i click on the airplay on my ipad I see apple TV but there is no mirroring button to turn on
After tapping AirPlay, did you tap the Apple TV button? If so, that's when the mirroring button appears.

Most reactions

Latest posts