What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple TV Apps

mackem79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've just purchased apple tv and already own an iPhone 4 and iPad 2.

Are there any apple tv specific apps I should get or any apps that work well with apple tv ?

I use my devices for fun and web browsing with the family.

I've got a two year old son who loves all the digger videos on YouTube at the moment !

OP
M

mackem79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seadog said:
This needs to be in the appropriate section.

I couldn't see one, posting from my phone so used the general section.

Apologies, I don't mind if it's moved.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a few apps, the Remote App from Apple is great for controlling your Apple TV and TVOut Genie provides some slightly different functionality. That all I've got I'm afraid, everything else is done with normal iPad apps being mirrored or using AirPlay.

The Archangel

OP
M

mackem79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
I have a few apps, the Remote App from Apple is great for controlling your Apple TV and TVOut Genie provides some slightly different functionality. That all I've got I'm afraid, everything else is done with normal iPad apps being mirrored or using AirPlay.

The Archangel

Thanks for that, are there any apps, games or otherwise that work well on tv ?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All my normal apps work really well on TV so it's hard for me to suggest, have a play around with them and see what you think. Videos streamed from the iPad look really good, I downloaded Thor from the iTunes store as a trial to see the quality and it looked excellent.

The Archangel

OP
M

mackem79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
All my normal apps work really well on TV so it's hard for me to suggest, have a play around with them and see what you think. Videos streamed from the iPad look really good, I downloaded Thor from the iTunes store as a trial to see the quality and it looked excellent.

The Archangel

Good advice, will do that thanks.

Imagine it's only a matter of time before more tv specific ones come out maybe using phones or iPads as controllers ?

I can think scrabble and quiz games would work well.

OP
M

mackem79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
I tend to use mine mostly for streaming TV channels and movies.

The Archangel

Do you use a pc at all or an altered apple tv box ?

Pm if necessary, thanks.

OP
M

mackem79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
My Apple TV is stock, I stream from my iPad.

The Archangel

Help me out here, I'm obviously a technophobe not knowing the sites to go to to stream this type of thing ! :)

OP
M

mackem79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
What are you trying to stream?

The Archangel

I didn't know you could stream through the iPad. I've streamed movies and tv shows using my pc but the sites aren't ipad friendly.

Ideally I'd like to stream that kind of thing but don't know where to look online for them, any sites you can send my way appreciated.

stevesimc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yeah I'd like to know that too, especially if there is a web browser which can show html5 videos and airplay from an iPad1 or iPhone 4 to Apple TV3?

Any help would be appreciated guys....

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I guess your country may determine the apps available but here in the UK we have BBC iPlayer, iTV Player, 4OD........then there is FilmOn, CatchUp TV, Crackle, etc, etc. absolutely loads of apps for streaming content.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts