What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What blood are you made of?

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gotta do the NX some justice...

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Attachments

• image-2709757799.png
    image-2709757799.png
    549.8 KB · Views: 140
  • image-3363196749.png
    image-3363196749.png
    404.9 KB · Views: 135

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mtnmedic said:
Gotta do the NX some justice...

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Thanks for those pics, I have added them to my wallpapers. I kinda liked all of them especially the one with capt Jane ? Can't remember her surname at the moment.

Capt Kate Janeway, that's it.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Why don't we start a Trekkie thread, I'm sure there must be others like us!

I can even do the Spock hsndsignal.

That would be cool.

I'm actually a writer. I'm working on a pre-Starfleet (that is, well before "Enterprise") storyline that should close the gap between the launch of Zefram Cochrane's Phoenix and the start of the Warp 5 project that lead to the construction of the NX ships. I think THAT is an era much like the Wild West. A lot of development and discovery to be made in that time, which is about 100 years or so.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Thanks for those pics, I have added them to my wallpapers. I kinda liked all of them especially the one with capt Jane ? Can't remember her surname at the moment.

Capt Kate Janeway, that's it.

Kathryn Janeway, Capt. USS Voyager NCC-74656

I like them all, too. The NCC-1701-A (refit) was my favorite for a LONG time until the NX-01 came in. Just LOVE that old-school look, inside and out. Almost....ALMOST...a tad steampunk (which I love), too, in a way. The production staff spent some time aboard a US Navy sub to get some ideas for the interior look of the NX.

Yep, it's all old-school...150 years before Kirk even came onto the scene....

Attachments

• image-3992049194.png
    image-3992049194.png
    85.3 KB · Views: 138

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mtnmedic said:
Kathryn Janeway, Capt. USS Voyager NCC-74656

I like them all, too. The NCC-1701-A (refit) was my favorite for a LONG time until the NX-01 came in. Just LOVE that old-school look, inside and out. Almost....ALMOST...a tad steampunk (which I love), too, in a way. The production staff spent some time aboard a US Navy sub to get some ideas for the interior look of the NX.

Yep, it's all old-school...150 years before Kirk even came onto the scene....

Did you like the Star Trek movie that came out! I did especially with Simon Pegg as Scotty. Chris Pine was good too!

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've often wondered how an emotional cripple could get to be appointed captain of a starship?

Gives me hope :)

Last edited:

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hasty said:
I've often wondered how an emotional cripple could get to appointed captain of a starship?

Gives me hope :)

Yay! Are you a Trekkie too. I'm sure they would let you in!

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Did you like the Star Trek movie that came out! I did especially with Simon Pegg as Scotty. Chris Pine was good too!

Oh absolutely. I saw it on opening day. I was camped out near the front of the line. Saw it at the Regency IMAX theater in El Dorado Hills, CA. What a treat.

J.J. & Co. made Star Trek cool again. Can't wait for the sequel, which they're already working on. I love anything Simon Pegg and he did the role of Scotty very nicely, though I'd thought Paul McGillion (Stargate Atlantis: Dr. Carson Beckett) was a dead-on for Scotty (he's even a Canadian Scotsman whereas Simon is English). He did land a brief scene in the movie as the officer giving troop assignments in the large shuttle hangar. Pine was great but man...Karl Urban as McCoy and Zach Quinto as Spock...they both NAILED it. Just an awesome film.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mtnmedic said:
Oh absolutely. I saw it on opening day. I was camped out near the front of the line. Saw it at the Regency IMAX theater in El Dorado Hills, CA. What a treat.

J.J. & Co. made Star Trek cool again. Can't wait for the sequel, which they're already working on. I love anything Simon Pegg and he did the role of Scotty very nicely, though I'd thought Paul McGillion (Stargate Atlantis: Dr. Carson Beckett) was a dead-on for Scotty (he's even a Canadian Scotsman whereas Simon is English). He did land a brief scene in the movie as the officer giving troop assignments in the large shuttle hangar. Pine was great but man...Karl Urban as McCoy and Zach Quinto as Spock...they both NAILED it. Just an awesome film.

You are so right they did nail it! When is it coming? I am a huge fan of Simon Pegg but i haven't seen Paul yet. Can't wait!

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
You are so right they did nail it! When is it coming? I am a huge fan of Simon Pegg but i haven't seen Paul yet. Can't wait!

Apparently 2012 is the target though rumors do say Fall or Christmas of this year.

Yeah, big fan of Simon here. Anything he does is good. I like how he and Nick play off of each other in all their projects.

Rumor also has it that Tyler Perry (He was the Admiral at Starfleet Academy) is going to be asked to reprise his role in the sequel, too. ST was his first acting gig in which he was NOT the director.

"Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence." EPIC line!

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry to hijack the thread, ya'll. I got carried away, there....

Katrina2475

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a total mutt. English, Scandinavian, Blackfoot Indian and good ole American Hillbilly. My husband is 100% Cuban so we say our kids are Cubillies.

Sent from my 32 GB wifi Ipad 2

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Unlucky Bob has AB+. Not much of that crap flowing through the world's collective viens. By the way, if you think gas prices are high, just wait until you all need my blood. Better have good credit and lots of cash.

I prefer hunnerd dolla bills

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I desperately hope to one day discover that I am part Viking or some other well-known marauder tribe that rather fancies pillaging and other such folly. I am scared I might discover I am typical and average as is/was my entire family.

Anyone know where the Maxey family first took root? Please say in Viking land or perhaps Narnia. About all I know is both mom and dad were Muggles.

Thor of Utah

Most reactions

Latest posts