What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are your dissapointments in Ios5 ?

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't worry, us original iPad owners will get multi gestures in iOS 5.0.1 reported to be released to developers soon, so not long to wait, hopefully.

Sent from Wales, using my iPad & iPF.
iOS 5.0.1 dev has been released and includes multitasking gestures for the iPad 1...so as you said, it shouldn't be too long before it's updated.

Parpar2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]

Have tried 'reset' and so far not experiencing any site crash, no jumpy screen, no keyboard up down up down, was able to copy/paste URL but was only for a few hours and now it is back to same issue again which I am unable to copy URL when I tap on it, cursor did not appear. Should I reset again or is there another method to apply? Any suggestion?

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have tried 'reset' and so far not experiencing any site crash, no jumpy screen, no keyboard up down up down, was able to copy/paste URL but was only for a few hours and now it is back to same issue again which I am unable to copy URL when I tap on it, cursor did not appear. Should I reset again or is there another method to apply? Any suggestion?
You could try another reset, but if it happens again you might have to do a backup and reset to factory settings. Let us know how it goes!

Parpar2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
richsadams said:
You could try another reset, but if it happens again you might have to do a backup and reset to factory settings. Let us know how it goes!

So far no crashed and would like to monitor situation b4 making another reset. Browser seems stable so far so good and would see what happens the next couple of days b4 trying reset to get copying of URL fixed. Thanks for your guidance..........

bobjamin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The one thing i found disappointing is not with iOS 5 itself but Xcode 4.2 that came with it. It still doesn't include zooming in the interface builder. This is very annoying when I'm using my 13" macbook

Parpar2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Parpar2 said:
So far no crashed and would like to monitor situation b4 making another reset. Browser seems stable so far so good and would see what happens the next couple of days b4 trying reset to get copying of URL fixed. Thanks for your guidance..........

Browser crashed yesterday. Google sliding in and out, keyboard coming up and down, up and down, impossible to control the screen and only way was to switched off. After a couple of reset, safari browser is now stable again but still unable to resolve issue on copying/paste of URL in landscape position With home button on the right. Any idea what is causing this to happens? It seems ok for 3 days then some bugs must have trigger the browsing to go crazy. What next? Any suggestion/help?

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Browser crashed yesterday. Google sliding in and out, keyboard coming up and down, up and down, impossible to control the screen and only way was to switched off. After a couple of reset, safari browser is now stable again but still unable to resolve issue on copying/paste of URL in landscape position With home button on the right. Any idea what is causing this to happens? It seems ok for 3 days then some bugs must have trigger the browsing to go crazy. What next? Any suggestion/help?
Have a look here...

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49484-anyone-having-probs-copy-paste-ios-5-i-have-ipad-1-a.html

Pkaia524

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IOS 5 problems

1. It has slowed my iPad! I now have pauses when typing, sites load more slowly, etc.
2. Safari noe unexplicably bounces me out when I'm web browsing. All different types of sites.
3. Some apps wont load (Weather Channel, etc)

Wish I could go back to 4!

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the Search box (at the top-left of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information here to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum:

Forum Rules - Please read
Hacking Rules - Please read
iPad for Beginners
Free iPad User Manuals
Download The Official iPad Forum App

To get your iPad back in working order, give some of these tips a try one at a time to see if things improve...

Quit Apps: To quit an app double press the Home button and the Multitasking Tray will appear at the bottom of the screen revealing all of the open apps. Tap and hold any app icon until all of the icons start jiggling. A red circle with a "-" (minus sign) will appear in the upper left-hand corner of each icon. Tap the red circle and the app will close.

Restart the iPad: Press and hold down the Sleep/wake switch on the top edge of the iPad for few seconds until the red slider appears, slide this across to shut the iPad down. Restart the iPad by pressing the Sleep/wake switch until the Apple logo appears.

Reset the iPad: You can do this by pressing the Home button and the Sleep/wake switch on the top the iPad's case and holding them down together for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. The iPad should then reset itself. The boot up process takes a few minutes and then the iPad should be responsive again. More here:

iPhone, iPad, iPod touch: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

Reinstall Apps: While the app is closed press and hold its icon until all of the icons on your screen begin to jiggle. A black circle with an “X†will appear in the upper left-hand corner. Tap on the “X†and confirm that you want to delete the app. Reset the iPad (using the instructions above).

Open the App Store App and tap on "Purchased" in the bottom toolbar. Locate the app you just deleted. Tap on the download button (cloud) and the app will be reinstalled. (Downloading any app already purchased again is free).

Apps that require logins, etc. will need to be set up again. More here:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

Welcome again and enjoy!

Parpar2

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Coralee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having issues between my iphone 3gs & ipad2 with syncing - seems to be randomly missing some of the calendar entries. I also have a laptop running xp and i understand i cant sync with the cloud on that - however my syncing issue is just between the two apple devices mentioned. Is anyone else experiencing these problems?

iain1970

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I updated my iPad 1 yesterday.

Even lower battery life than before? Jeez, will Apple ever appreciate the iOS 3 that my iPad was shipped with made the battery last all week?

I don't like the tabbed bowsing, but I use it on my PC, so I'm sure I'll get used to it.

What happened to the old feature of being able to tap the top of the browser page to go to the top of it? Tried last night and couldn't do it.

Also, is Bluetooth turn on and offable in settings as before?

adavis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
More useless apps (to me anyway) to clutter up the home screen. No use for Newsstand and Messages and they can't be deleted.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't dislike anything except Newsstand, only because I don't have any subscriptions that would go in it. But it's a very minor annoyance. I like iOS 5 a lot. :thumbs:

Most reactions

Latest posts