What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New corporate server cut my Ipad off. Help

Pauak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So much for spending my own money on an IPad so I could have me work email, contacts and calendar with me everywhere... I have spend now a week surfing to find a solution and I''m now in despair and about to kick my IPad away as useless.

The thing is that my company changed their email server system and upgraded us to Win7, Outlook Server 2010, completely restricting our access to configurations and server data. No more IMAP and POP3 access.

If out of office we can access thru a simple Outlook webmail app/OWA system (whatever that means!?) from any computer, by writing in the browser a secure address : http_s://something.company.us. Then I'm redirected to a typical Outlook web app login page, asking for Outlook user and pwd (different from the VPN). That done I'm in.The address in the browser is something like http_s://something.company.us/owa/auth/,DanaInfo=wmservice.company.int,SSL+logon.aspx?url=http_s://wmservice.company.int/owa/%3Fae=Folder%26t=IPF[and a lot of letters and numbers]

So what I believe is that they somehow create a Gateway to Outlook thru the VPN, but without having me configure any VPN on my iPad. BUT I don't wanna access thru Safari/browser. I want my email, contact and calendar sync with the IPad, so I can work offline and flip quickly thru my agenda on the go. I've tried to setup the ipad email account as an Exchange Server access in iPad "Settings", but what server, what domain do put in there? What user (the VPN or the Webapp)? As suggested in another thread I've installed WebMailReader iPad app, but what web address should put in the settings of the app? The VPN? The OWA? None works so far.

And as a clarification, in the Outlook Webapp, there is no IMAP or POP3 info. It looks they have completely cut that off too.

AND the IT guys are telling me that they are not allowed to help me getting sync access, so don't say "contact your system admin" to resolve. Any help is very appreciated.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If it is locked out to mobile access on the server side, there is not much you can do.

Try this for server and domain:

For server, I use the address of the web log-in. In my case it is webmail.company.com. Try yours without all the Http business.

For domain, I would probably leave blank unless you have multiple domains and mail servers.

As I said, if the IT guys have locked out mobile device access, then you have no chance without their co-operation.

Marit Tuuli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.fessguid.com
Dear Pauak,

My name is
Marit Tuuli and I am support engineer of webMailReader.

I just found your message and I really sorry for your issue and it is sad that you cannot get the full power of your iPad.

We are constantly improving our application and I believe that we could add support of servers like you have. I wonder - is it possible for you to provide your mail server address that you use while connecting Safary browser? It could help me to understand your environment better.

Using private messages for this forum or using our support mail - webMailReaderSupport at fessguid.com , whatever more convenient for you.

Thank you,
Marit Tuuli

p3iii

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The mail account on my iPad is configured to access Outlook 2010 using the webmail address in the specification for Server address. My mail, contacts, calendar all appear on my iPad mail.

Most reactions