What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you reading now?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The Restoration series (five in all) are the first books I've picked up by him. I'm liking it so far. The writing isn't first rate, but it's a good story. The books were an Amazon recommendation a couple months ago. I grabbed them on a whim and am only now starting the series.

I just finished The Bridge to Never Land (Never Land Book). Not the best of that series, but still pretty good.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I watched The Hobbit the other day so, of course, I need to read it all over again.

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I watched The Hobbit the other day so, of course, I need to read it all over again.

The movie has quite a bit in it that's not in the book. All legitimately part of the story, just taken from elsewhere and used to fill in the story, and make a single book into a series of movies just as long (and profitable) as the Lord of the Rings trilogy. ;)

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't care. They can make them as long as they like because these stories are brilliant and Peter Jackson is fantastic.

Sent from my fantastically, wonderful iPhone using iPF

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I didn't meant to suggest I didn't like the movie. It was good. I was just surprised when I found out that I had to wait for two more movies before seeing the whole story, of what was the shortest book of the bunch. ;)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't meant to suggest I didn't like the movie. It was good. I was just surprised when I found out that I had to wait for two more movies before seeing the whole story, of what was the shortest book of the bunch. ;)

I really enjoyed the movie but having to wait three years to see the whole thing is just too much.......I daren't go to the doctor in case he says I've only got 12 months to live, it would be a disaster!

I've read almost everything by Tolkien except The Hobbit, I started it once many years ago but never finished it, I preferred moving from Lord Of The Rings to things like The Book Of Lost Tales and The Silmarillion, etc.

The Archangel

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I really enjoyed the movie but having to wait three years to see the whole thing is just too much.......I daren't go to the doctor in case he says I've only got 12 months to live, it would be a disaster!

I've read almost everything by Tolkien except The Hobbit, I started it once many years ago but never finished it, I preferred moving from Lord Of The Rings to things like The Book Of Lost Tales and The Silmarillion, etc.

The Archangel

Funny, I read the Ring trilogy twice, over a couple of years and hadn't heard of The Hobbit. After I found out about the book it still took another two years to sit down with it - very glad I did, but never did re-read it (not sure why). How is The Silmarillion?

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Funny, I read the Ring trilogy twice, over a couple of years and hadn't heard of The Hobbit. After I found out about the book it still took another two years to sit down with it - very glad I did, but never did re-read it (not sure why). How is The Silmarillion?

Long. Lol that's the best way to describe it.

Has anyone yet read The Fall of Arthur by J.R.R. Tolkien?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I loved the silmarillion but then I'm a fact freak about LOTR!

The Archangel

Scottysize

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Currently going through the Jack Reacher series. If Jack Reacher is 6' 5" and 250lbs, why i the heck did they cast Tom Cruise?

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lol! So true, so true! There are so many fantastic actors out there but how many roles can one actor do?

I'm still reading The Hobbit. Keep getting distracted by other things.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
"I am Number Four" for the second time, then gotta re-read The Power of Six and The Rise of Nine next then the Lost Files (I have five of them in my iBooks too)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
"I am Number Four" for the second time, then gotta re-read The Power of Six and The Rise of Nine next then the Lost Files (I have five of them in my iBooks too)

What? There are sequels now? I'm off to Amazon and/or iBooks to see if I can get them as ebooks.

Oh nooosssss! I just bought seven books and preordered two more. Darn the those impulses. But I will have plenty of reading material for the next couple weeks. :)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts