What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you reading now?

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Somebody I Used to Know by Wendy Mitchell

Text below from ‘goodreads’

Brave, illuminating and inspiring, Somebody I Used to Know is the first memoir ever written by someone living with dementia.

What do you lose when you lose your memories? What do you value when this loss reframes how you've lived, and how you will live in the future? How do you conceive of love when you can no longer recognise those who are supposed to mean the most to you?

When she was diagnosed with dementia at the age of fifty-eight, Wendy Mitchell was confronted with the most profound questions about life and identity. All at once, she had to say goodbye to the woman she used to be. Her demanding career in the NHS, her ability to drive, cook and run – the various shades of her independence – were suddenly gone.

Philosophical, profoundly moving, insightful and ultimately full of hope, Somebody I Used to Know gets to the very heart of what it means to be human. A phenomenal memoir – the first of its kind – it is both a heart-rending tribute to the woman Wendy once was, and a brave affirmation of the woman dementia has seen her become.

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. I hope that you are much better and fully recovered now.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Change the Game - Wie wir uns das Netz von Facebook und Google zurückerobern, by Corinna Milborn and Markus Breitenecker

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
‘Change the Game’ looks very interesting, going from the translated info on Amazon, but I may have to wait to read it... (Small language problem on my part, which hopefully I will start correcting next year!)

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just finished ‘Three Things About Elsie’ by Joanna Cannon

From goodreads.com ’84-year-old Florence has fallen in her flat at Cherry Tree Home for the Elderly. As she waits to be rescued, Florence wonders if a terrible secret from her past is about to come to light; and, if the charming new resident is who he claims to be, why does he look exactly like a man who died sixty years ago’

Most reactions

Latest posts