What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you reading now?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've read one Ansel Adams book before. He is an amazing writer! What is "Negative" about? :) Peace begins with a smile :) - Mother Teresa. iPad 2
My son persuaded me to read it. It should help take better pictures. It's about exposure, the zone system, filters, natural light, artifical light and such things.
There's a free PDF version available, if you want to read it. http://manualesdecine.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/the-negative-ansel-adams-series-no-2.pdf

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks! Seems to be the same as mine:

image-883941755.jpg

image-2788429380.jpg

mydave

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just finished up Nina Reilly series by Perri O'Shaughnessy. :)
Fun to turn pages after pages of a life & career stories of a beautiful female lawyer inside and outside courtrooms.

mydave

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The Cosmic Cocktail, Three Parts Dark Matter by Katherine Freese
https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/the-cosmic-cocktail/id792165306?mt=11

Description
The ordinary atoms that make up the known universe—from our bodies and the air we breathe to the planets and stars—constitute only 5 percent of all matter and energy in the cosmos. The rest is known as dark matter and dark energy, because their precise identities are unknown. The Cosmic Cocktail is the inside story of the epic quest to solve one of the most compelling enigmas of modern science—what is the universe made of?—told by one of today’s foremost pioneers in the study of dark matter.
Blending cutting-edge science with her own behind-the-scenes insights as a leading researcher in the field, acclaimed theoretical physicist Katherine Freese recounts the hunt for dark matter, from the discoveries of visionary scientists like Fritz Zwicky—the Swiss astronomer who coined the term “dark matter†in 1933—to the deluge of data today from underground laboratories, satellites in space, and the Large Hadron Collider. Theorists contend that dark matter consists of fundamental particles known as WIMPs, or weakly interacting massive particles. Billions of them pass through our bodies every second without us even realizing it, yet their gravitational pull is capable of whirling stars and gas at breakneck speeds around the centers of galaxies, and bending light from distant bright objects. Freese describes the larger-than-life characters and clashing personalities behind the race to identify these elusive particles.
Many cosmologists believe we are on the verge of solving the mystery. The Cosmic Cocktail provides the foundation needed to fully fathom this epochal moment in humankind’s quest to understand the universe.

What a reading ! Really.
I was curious, bought it and read it in one single evening. It is really incomprehensible about matters that the universe is made of, and the infinite space that human could never know oor understand.
Although it is a non-fiction, but it is quite pleasant to read. I'm sure that hard cover book would be available in book stores as well.

mydave

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King.
Started last week and am just half way thru, LOL. Not really a page-turner
Not sure what is next to read. There are so many books, one being published every minute.:rolleyes:
Books Statistics - Worldometers

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King. Started last week and am just half way thru, LOL. Not really a page-turner Not sure what is next to read. There are so many books, one being published every minute.:rolleyes: Books Statistics - Worldometers
I love the 'one being published every minute.' My wife is a librarian (in a small town (900people)). She gets the skinny on the books I might be interested in.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm [re-]reading "The Ghost of Dibble Hollow."

It is a book I adored as a kid in the mid-70s, yet I had forgotten the name of it. All I remembered were vague details about the book (... a ghost who was a boy who enlisted one of his modern time family members in finding missing treasure). For the past 20 years or so, I've often thought about it and searched/looked for it - with no success.

I finally found it, ordered it and just got it!!! Either Internet storage and searching has gotten better or I've increased my Google-fu powers. Regardless, I'm so pleased with myself. :D That nagging memory (like a tooth ache) has finally been laid to rest. Whew!

The best part is, at about 1/3 of the way through, it's as good as I remembered. Yes, it's a book for young kids/adults, but it's aged well.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm [re-]reading "The Ghost of Dibble Hollow."

It is a book I adored as a kid in the mid-70s, yet I had forgotten the name of it. All I remembered were vague details about the book (... a ghost who was a boy who enlisted one of his modern time family members in finding missing treasure). For the past 20 years or so, I've often thought about it and searched/looked for it - with no success.

I finally found it, ordered it and just got it!!! Either Internet storage and searching has gotten better or I've increased my Google-fu powers. Regardless, I'm so pleased with myself. :D That nagging memory (like a tooth ache) has finally been laid to rest. Whew!

The best part is, at about 1/3 of the way through, it's as good as I remembered. Yes, it's a book for young kids/adults, but it's aged well.
I read that book back in the 1960’s. I'll have to see if I can find my copy. I had completely forgotten about it until your post.

Most reactions

Latest posts