What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you guys doing right NOW??? ;)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's interesting to see the differences between countries. :)
While you can buy food, shops in Austria are closed today.

Most U.S. retail businesses stay open for holidays. Christmas is about the only day that most are closed. Some close early for Thanksgiving and New Year's Eve, but even then, many are open till about 6 p.m. And there's a move on by some big retailers to open all day on Thanksgiving, to try to get a jump on competitors, because the day after Thanksgiving has traditionally been the biggest shopping day of the year in the U.S.

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Today, I'm venturing out, I should catch up with members of my family, I will thank them for their gifts etc over Xmas , I'm feeling melancholic today, my 40th birthday on the 2nd of January . I had a small gathering of friends last night as it's been a busy week.
Hitting 40 , why am I thinking so much now? , I feel strange , I can't believe I'm this age, fourty years have passed , I have beautiful children, my lovely partner , some amazing friends , I miss my father the most.... He died only a few years ago, no one found him for almost 2 weeks . Does hitting 40 make you think about the life you'd led, or wished you'd led , life changes, the changes in life.......expectations, dissapointments, regrets .....

At the moment, I'm having a coffee, the midday serenity , I watched the sun come up , I've seen it thousands of times, everytime its different yet lately things have been more thought provoking .

I wish all and everyone of you fellow ipad forum members all the very best for 2014 & may your wishes and dreams come true , life your life to its fullest before you regret things , Always remember your family, past and present, love your friends , love your family, love the people that matter in your life .

Sent from my iPad 3 64gb using iPF

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Today, I'm venturing out, I should catch up with members of my family, I will thank them for their gifts etc over Xmas , I'm feeling melancholic today, my 40th birthday on the 2nd of January . I had a small gathering of friends last night as it's been a busy week. Hitting 40 , why am I thinking so much now? , I feel strange , I can't believe I'm this age, fourty years have passed , I have beautiful children, my lovely partner , some amazing friends , I miss my father the most.... He died only a few years ago, no one found him for almost 2 weeks . Does hitting 40 make you think about the life you'd led, or wished you'd led , life changes, the changes in life.......expectations, dissapointments, regrets ..... At the moment, I'm having a coffee, the midday serenity , I watched the sun come up , I've seen it thousands of times, everytime its different yet lately things have been more thought provoking . I wish all and everyone of you fellow ipad forum members all the very best for 2014 & may your wishes and dreams come true , life your life to its fullest before you regret things , Always remember your family, past and present, love your friends , love your family, love the people that matter in your life . Sent from my iPad 3 64gb using iPF

A belated "Happy birthday!', and a happy new year to you! How lucky you are to have such children, partner and friends!

And: sorry for your loss!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Today, I'm venturing out, I should catch up with members of my family, I will thank them for their gifts etc over Xmas , I'm feeling melancholic today, my 40th birthday on the 2nd of January . I had a small gathering of friends last night as it's been a busy week. Hitting 40 , why am I thinking so much now? , I feel strange , I can't believe I'm this age, fourty years have passed , I have beautiful children, my lovely partner , some amazing friends , I miss my father the most.... He died only a few years ago, no one found him for almost 2 weeks . Does hitting 40 make you think about the life you'd led, or wished you'd led , life changes, the changes in life.......expectations, dissapointments, regrets ..... At the moment, I'm having a coffee, the midday serenity , I watched the sun come up , I've seen it thousands of times, everytime its different yet lately things have been more thought provoking . I wish all and everyone of you fellow ipad forum members all the very best for 2014 & may your wishes and dreams come true , life your life to its fullest before you regret things , Always remember your family, past and present, love your friends , love your family, love the people that matter in your life . Sent from my iPad 3 64gb using iPF

Happy Birthday to you Drew......you know this has touched me reading this.....I too felt the same when I turned 40 and so did a few of my friends. We all took stock of our lives and what we had achieved, had we all fulfilled our hopes and dreams for our lives? It wasn't an easy time for any of us, but it was a time to reflect, to find what was really important for each of us. And you know, it passes and leaves you all the more wiser for taking this time to look back and forward to what is ahead, to appreciate all the more the cherished ones in your life and for others we connect with each day. The correlation with your father was the same for me, I still miss mine every day but I realised I've carried him with me all this time.

All the very best to you also for the year ahead and beyond!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So true Leelai. Thank you Drew. We all feel this at times. I've hit my 47th so try not to feel too blue. It's just another day like all the rest. Hubby is 51! I, like you, feel blessed when I watch my two daughters interact and get on with each other without too much bickering. They don't swear, well, not in my presence, they don't smoke, drink too much and I feel they have two very sensible head on their shoulders. I think I have done a good job with them and they are my achievement in life.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Today, I'm venturing out, I should catch up with members of my family, I will thank them for their gifts etc over Xmas , I'm feeling melancholic today, my 40th birthday on the 2nd of January . I had a small gathering of friends last night as it's been a busy week.
Hitting 40 , why am I thinking so much now? , I feel strange , I can't believe I'm this age, fourty years have passed , I have beautiful children, my lovely partner , some amazing friends , I miss my father the most.... He died only a few years ago, no one found him for almost 2 weeks . Does hitting 40 make you think about the life you'd led, or wished you'd led , life changes, the changes in life.......expectations, dissapointments, regrets .....

At the moment, I'm having a coffee, the midday serenity , I watched the sun come up , I've seen it thousands of times, everytime its different yet lately things have been more thought provoking .

I wish all and everyone of you fellow ipad forum members all the very best for 2014 & may your wishes and dreams come true , life your life to its fullest before you regret things , Always remember your family, past and present, love your friends , love your family, love the people that matter in your life .

Happy birthday and happy new year, Drew!

40 was a blip for me, just like any other birthdays. I've never thought much about birthdays in general, though.

I think back on the fun and rewarding experiences I've had over the decades, but I'm still having great new experiences, so don't feel any any melancholy.

The one thing that's truly annoying about aging: My eyesight has started to go, so I probably will need reading glasses soon!

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your understanding .
It's really thoughtful of you all in your comments , scary I guess that fourty is another milestone in our lives , and indication of progress through our limited time, and kinda guess that its time that's playing on my mind. Reflecting on things I've done, things I could have done, and yet, for more important reasons , the things I'll never be able to do. It is amongst friends & family only that abscense is really noticed, leaving a void that cannot be refilled . We move on, towards the next episode of our lives, armed maybe with wisdom and wit but with fewer friends. I found now reflection on my youth , I'd have done so many things different but then I wouldn't be the man I am today and feel the way I do about the people that are close to me .

Another day, another sunset , another step towards another age, some of my memories fade, some don't , the feelings I have for people eat away at me sometimes and hitting the age I have for some reason makes me contemplate. A friend of mine put it another way " your a decade from half a century!" , expressed in endearment of course.

Maybe life does begin at fourty, perhaps reflection isn't such a bad thing .

...but it doesn't always stop you from feeling lonely

And scared.

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So true Leelai. Thank you Drew. We all feel this at times. I've hit my 47th so try not to feel too blue. It's just another day like all the rest. Hubby is 51! I, like you, feel blessed when I watch my two daughters interact and get on with each other without too much bickering. They don't swear, well, not in my presence, they don't smoke, drink too much and I feel they have two very sensible head on their shoulders. I think I have done a good job with them and they are my achievement in life.

Hayley, i will add the pets and animals you rescued, nurtured and given them home also ranks high in your life achievement :):thumbs:

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Why thank you Ricky. Yes, I have had a few babies, haven't i? My eldest daughter gave me a lovely drawing of three of my past animals. Long gone but never forgotten. Sindy was my first Pomeranian, Champagne was my first horse in this country (on the left) and Colin was my last horse before Shamrock (on the right). By the way, Shamrock is no longer white and black but murky mud coloured all over. It's a new look he is trying to achieve. It's called rolling in the very muddy and swampy I call his field look.

Attachments

• image-2072185549.jpg
    image-2072185549.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 109

Most reactions