What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you guys doing right NOW??? ;)

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, I've taken the 5amp fuse out of my daughters charger and still no life. Sigh! Does this mean a new charger which might not work as well? Life is a pain my friends. Looking at Macs but they are in the £700 upwards for refurbished!!! Grrrr

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Uploading videos to You Tube from my PC.

It's a bit of a slow process, but I hope it will be worth it in the end. :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hubby has gone to work and didnt look at the plug. Gosh, I do hope it's just the plug. It's a 2008 model. Luckily my iTunes is on the WD external hard drive. Gab taught me that! Yeah, I wish I could afford the macs but after hubby buying me a new iphone 5 white 64gb Tesco O2 contract yesterday(yippee!), the likelihood is slim. Can't wait for the new iphone but bummed about the Toshiba. Just my luck.

All is not lost if the laptop is also dead. Buy a hard drive caddy, extract the HD from your laptop (generally pretty easy on most laptops), insert the HD into the caddy then it should work as a bootable drive on another Windows machine. If it won't boot it should still be readable.

Now, what you really want to do is head to the Apple refurb store and pick up a Mac Mini, they are pretty cheap. My first serious foray into the world of OSX was with a Mini and the great thing about it is that sitting under your TV it doubles as the most superb media centre, all you need with it is a wireless keyboard and mouse.

The Archangel

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm worried it won't work with the Phillips HD TV I own. It's not young anymore and besides there are only two HDMI ports and Sky and Apple TV are on those. I looked on-line and apparently Phillips and Apple aren't very compatible. I'm hoping my WD My Book external hard drive (has iTunes media stored in it) will work with Mac mini? I was looking at MacBook Air 13? Prices are not looking very good.
Can you get an HDMI extension?

Last edited:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm worried it won't work with the Phillips HD TV I own. It's not young anymore and besides there are only two HDMI ports and Sky and Apple TV are on those. I looked on-line and apparently Phillips and Apple aren't very compatible. I'm hoping my WD My Book external hard drive (has iTunes media stored in it) will work with Mac mini? I was looking at MacBook Air 13? Prices are not looking very good.

As far as HDMI ports are concerned then something like this will add more ports http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001PL5QDY

Philips and Apple don't need to be compatible, all you are doing is sending a digital signal, your TV wont know or care where it is coming from.

Any mac should be able to import your iTunes library, even if the WD My Book is not formatted for Apple, in which instance you can reformat the drive (Apple utilities makes this easy) then re copy the library to the WD drive. That is the worst case, in the best case you just plug in and go.

The Archangel

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, it certainly sounds good. Will have to ask the one with the money whether he will hand over some more dosh. He bought me an iphone 5 white 64gb contract yesterday. I wanted more space for all my music which I can't access as its on the WD. Thank you Gab. You are my hero. I will be letting you know when it comes for any help installing. Keep fingers crossed.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, it certainly sounds good. Will have to ask the one with the money whether he will hand over some more dosh. He bought me an iphone 5 white 64gb contract yesterday. I wanted more space for all my music which I can't access as its on the WD. Thank you Gab. You are my hero. I will be letting you know when it comes for any help installing. Keep fingers crossed.

If you are concerned at all then a trip to your nearest Apple store might be in order to check out the Mini's and get a feel for what you would be getting.

I'm actually planning on getting another Mini as I miss my old one, it was just such a great computer. I haven't decided if I should get a refurb or wait to see if the internals get an upgrade in the autumn.

The Archangel

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm just about head home from work.

image-1538067150.jpg

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can't you access your iTunes from the cloud?

The Archangel

It's what I was uploading when it crashed. I bought iTunes Match but it didn't get that far! My main media is on the HD. My songs in the icloud don't make up a fraction of what I have on laptop.

Most reactions

Latest posts