What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you guys doing right NOW??? ;)

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Hey Stranding...I know...we get joked around with cereal name all the time. The previous owners called it that... It is bad luck to change names on a boat...and well it is "Special! "

I am not sure how long it will take, since they have not done a Shore Course in such a long time. The start time was Saturday at 1 PM...so I am hoping that their finish will be early Monday. They are 95 NM away from the Finish with good winds right now.

They ususally do the Cove Island Course...much longer...and takes about another 12 hours. Never see them come in until Monday night...or Early Tuesday morning.

They are currently in 4th place...out of a fleet of 12 boats!!

Amazing race Ski......he must be so tired when he finishes.

Go Cornfkake!! Special K!! ;)

iPad 2 3G 64gb

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Hey Stranding...I know...we get joked around with cereal name all the time. The previous owners called it that... It is bad luck to change names on a boat...and well it is "Special! "

I am not sure how long it will take, since they have not done a Shore Course in such a long time. The start time was Saturday at 1 PM...so I am hoping that their finish will be early Monday. They are 95 NM away from the Finish with good winds right now.

They ususally do the Cove Island Course...much longer...and takes about another 12 hours. Never see them come in until Monday night...or Early Tuesday morning.

They are currently in 4th place...out of a fleet of 12 boats!!

Sorry for the dreadful pun -- boring! Yes, I know about the not changing the name thing so you want to leave well alone. And cornflakes are nice though not sure how damp-proof they are...!

They sound like they are doing very well in 4th place at 95 NM. Good chance of being in the first 3? Or better?!
If he's the skipper, does he get to sleep at all?
Is there a site where you can follow the race? And pinpoint where he is right now?

Here's wishing him fair winds & strong knots :)

Hayz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dont think Sky, does sorry. Does your sister have Sky+/Sky+HD, if so, then she could record it for you (while she can watch something else)? Sky has a Sky Go app, but you need to have Sky, to use it (I think, not sure about that one sorry).

Do you live in the states then, or else where in the world, or just the UK?

I have the lot on Sky, though, my mum did say about cancelling the movies/sports/documentry package, until I said, well if you cancel the doc package, then you cant see the Eygption stuff.... she soon changed her mind xD

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Amazing race Ski......he must be so tired when he finishes.

Go Cornfkake!! Special K!! ;)

iPad 2 3G 64gb

That made me laugh, Leelai!

I think we have created a new rah rah term for our boat now...Go Cornflake!!

Sorry for the dreadful pun -- boring! Yes, I know about the not changing the name thing so you want to leave well alone. And cornflakes are nice though not sure how damp-proof they are...!

They sound like they are doing very well in 4th place at 95 NM. Good chance of being in the first 3? Or better?!
If he's the skipper, does he get to sleep at all?
Is there a site where you can follow the race? And pinpoint where he is right now?

Here's wishing him fair winds & strong knots :)

No worries...the first time we heard of the name..we also had our puns. He does quite a bit of the helming, especially at night. We have 9 crew members they have shifts where part of the crew sleep for 5 hours while the others are on deck.

If you google: Bayview Port Huron to Mackinac race...that will get you on the site for online tracking....bycmack.com.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
im relaxing after a bath with a nice cuppa,had some retail therapy this morning and lunch out.

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
That made me laugh, Leelai!

I think we have created a new rah rah term for our boat now...Go Cornflake!!

No worries...the first time we heard of the name..we also had our puns. He does quite a bit of the helming, especially at night. We have 9 crew members they have shifts where part of the crew sleep for 5 hours while the others are on deck.

If you google: Bayview Port Huron to Mackinac race...that will get you on the site for online tracking....bycmack.com.

Go Cornflake, Rah Rah Rah!
Sounds good Leelai :)

Thanks for the link detail. I'll go and have an eyeball.

Love maps & this geo-tracking stuff, especially with sailing.

evilgenius911

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am bored because being bored is boring. LOL I'm starring at the endless rain, wishing it would go away. Rain rain go away, PLEASE do not come again another day! I despise rain, it makes me feel gloomy :(

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Go Cornflake, Rah Rah Rah!
Sounds good Leelai :)

Thanks for the link detail. I'll go and have an eyeball.

Love maps & this geo-tracking stuff, especially with sailing.

Thanks, Stranding...it is quite addicting...I have only checked a few times this weekend though, since I have very busy with family parties.

Most reactions

Latest posts