What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are using your iPad for that you didn't expect?

What are you using your iPad for that you DID NOT expect to use it for?

• Streaming/Watching Video

Votes: 21 35.6%
  • Listening to Music

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Reading eBooks

Votes: 21 35.6%
  • Browsing the Web

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Social Networking (Twitter/Facebook/etc.)

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • Something completely different (Post below)

Votes: 13 22.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jenntill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IPAD 3 is my first Apple product ever. I bought it with the idea of mobility but find I use it for music (pandora), helping with my child's homework, and for games. That's not what I bought this for...but I am enjoying those benefits. I bought it to help go paperless and use it for online stuff when the PC is not available.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It replaced my laptop. Definitely not what I expected. I only use laptop for updating iTunes and all my devices

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

mannyberrios

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
It replaced my laptop. Definitely not what I expected. I only use laptop for updating iTunes and all my devices

R.I.P. laptop, I won't use it for iTunes , or anything else

lollismith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Trish634 said:
I'm using it in place of making Xerox copies when I do my research for graduate studies in History. I just take a picture of the page I'm using. so much nicer and cheaper too!

If you have the Notability app. You can import the pic of your digital research pages and use the highlight feature to help you even more with your research information. Just a suggestion, and you probably have already done this.

Fedricwalls

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Same with me, after buying iPad, I feel that I never use my laptop more then 10-15 days, I just use for saving my data and files as backup. iPad fulfill my all needs which are a laptop having.

Robster2007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Agreed.

My laptop is now only used when I am travelling for business and need to do demo's of our software or presentations etc.

Almost all my browsing, email is now done on iPad when I am not at my desk.

Robin

Vivia8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Taking the Grandkids out at night and using the Sky Walk app to study the stars! Pretty cool!!
Paying my bills too.

Most reactions

Latest posts