What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are the chances?

GiZZeRR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was going to buy the Ipad2 tomorrow from Argos (uk), what are the chances it will still be iOS 4.3.3 and not 4.3.4 ?

I mean do they send all the old stock back when an update comes out or just sell it. I would really like to jailbreak and will only be able to do this if it is still on 4.3.3

Thanks
John

dobbey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It will defiantly be on 4.3.3. It would be a waste of time to send them back, unpackage them, update them, re seal them, and ship them again. Only iPads that were made after the update will have 4.3.4.

Sent from my iPad 2 32GB White using iPF

OP
G

GiZZeRR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys, so can someone tell me how to go about registering my new ipad? Do I just need to be careful not to accept requests to update or will it want to update automaticly without asking me? I have a jailbroken iphone 4 so i know the basics, I think I just need to take my time and not get click happy while in itunes ;)

John

GenerationX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GiZZeRR said:
Thanks guys, so can someone tell me how to go about registering my new ipad? Do I just need to be careful not to accept requests to update or will it want to update automaticly without asking me? I have a jailbroken iphone 4 so i know the basics, I think I just need to take my time and not get click happy while in itunes ;)

John

Exactly. A box will pop up saying that a new firmware is available. Just make sure you click cancel

OP
G

GiZZeRR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Guys, picked up the ipad 2 this morning....still on 4.3.3 so it was jailbroken within 10 mins of leaving the box :D I'm really liking it, just like a big iphone :D

GenerationX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GiZZeRR said:
Thanks Guys, picked up the ipad 2 this morning....still on 4.3.3 so it was jailbroken within 10 mins of leaving the box :D I'm really liking it, just like a big iphone :D

Watching hd videos on it is beautiful :p

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
since you will not have shsh saved, i must remind you to be careful with your 4.3.3.

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, iFaith does not work on the iPad2.

So, yeah, GiZZeRR, do be careful with how you "play" with it. If you have to restore, you'll end up on 4.3.4, which is not jail breakable for the iPad2.

With that caution: Congrats on a successful jailbreak and have fun!

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts