What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are good iPhone apps for the iPad

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any iPhone apps out there worth getting? When I had the iPhone the app store barely existed, then I got rid of it when I switched to Verizon so I haven't been abreast on good apps. And since I have all the current iPad apps that I want, I wanted to see if there was any iPhone ones worth downloading.

Plus I am jailbroken and have Full Force installed, so hopefully some of them will scale perfectly.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
There are thousands of apps, heck over a hundred thousand.... So many are good. Hard to list all the good ones ;)

What kind of apps are you looking for. What do you want to do?

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dunno, something like a "must have". Something that maybe was the first thing you put on your iPad as an iPhone app.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know that doesn't seem to make sense...just trying to get some ideas. :)

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Being an old school console RPG fan, I have Final Fantasy 1&2 on my pad..... Yeah, I know.... Pretty geeky...also Duke Nukem 3d, Rise Of The Tried .... A few other old PC games......

Nothing that I would call must have, but pits a grin on my face from time to time.....

kilofox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can make free domestic calls to landlines via Wifi using the iPhone Vonage app. Its free and it presents the person with your actual number caller ID. (when registering the app, Vonage will call your phone number, land-line, cell etc etc and ask for a code to verify your account. That number will be presented to callers when you call them.)

It works really well. Full Force is not needed.

I use Full Force with the iPhone Facebook app and Twitter (formerly Tweetie 2). Both work great with FF.

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wouldn't spend to much on any graphic intensive iPhone app as they don't look all that great on the iPad, but there is starting to be such a large collection of iPad apps you shouldn't need iPhone apps.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've never had an iPhone but a friend of mine does - the app I'm jealous of is an SKU scanner; you scan an item's barcode and it tells you the price of the item at all stores local to you. It uses the camera in the phone so wouldn't work for the iPad.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
I've never had an iPhone but a friend of mine does - the app I'm jealous of is an SKU scanner; you scan an item's barcode and it tells you the price of the item at all stores local to you. It uses the camera in the phone so wouldn't work for the iPad.

Somehow the idea of carrying my iPad around Wal-mart scanning the merchandise does not appeal to me..... But then again, I am not normal.....

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And the single iPhone app that amazes more people than anything is Shazam. I installed an iPad version of it when I first got my iPad, but just like the scanner, Shazam is so valuable because you have it in your pocket. What Shazam does is it listens to music playing, then analyzes it and then tells you the name and artist of it. It works VERY well. You would need to have a headphone with mic plugged in for it to work on the iPad, but for those unfamiliar with it, I couldn't live without it.

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's an iPad version of Shazam, you don't need a headphone or mic added to your ipad. It works just fine as is :)

zman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's an iPad version of Shazam, you don't need a headphone or mic added to your ipad. It works just fine as is :)

OMG! :D Up until last night, I was using my stereo handsfree mic/headphone to use Shazam. I guess I didn't realize the iPad had a mic. Duh!

Thanks!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts