What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Apps Can I Remove?

OP
J

jernatety

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi @giradman - My son said I can pay for extra storage space by unlocking the 32GB I currently have if I wanted to later down the line. Is this true?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can't extend storage space on your iPad itself.

It's possible to upgrade iCloud storage. 5 GB are free, if you need more than that, you'll have to pay (50 GB, 200 GB, 1 TB, 2 TB are possible). Maybe your son was referring to this, when he told you about it. iCloud storage space is online, though, and doesn't help with your iPad's storage space.

6.5 GB is too much for system space. It shouldn't use more than 4 GB, afaik.

Did you try connecting your iPad to iTunes recently? If you haven't, do so and take a look at it's storage space using iTunes. You'll find something called "Other". If that's more than 2 or 3 GB, backup your iPad, and then restore it via iTunes. This should help getting rid of most of the Other storage.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi @giradman - My son said I can pay for extra storage space by unlocking the 32GB I currently have if I wanted to later down the line. Is this true?

Hi Jernately - I've been out of town visiting our son, so have not been active in the forum the last 3-4 days - appears that Johanna has answered your question; I agree that the internal storage of your iPad cannot be increased. Dave :)

Most reactions