What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

help ... where are my videos stored?

Michaelblast

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is an iPad video storage/file management question, but involves the Filmic app...
I recently purchased an iPad Pro. Yesterday I shot a long (continually stitched) 1.4GB video supposedly saved to Filmic Library, then tried to save to my Google Drive account, went to lunch and came back after an hour and the progress bar hardly moved. I hit the X in Drive to stop the upload. Came back later and opened Filmic and now it's stuck in some kind of split screen view with the playback view at the top and a live camera view at the bottom with just enough controls accessible to start/stop the video playback at the top and start/stop record on the live camera window on the bottom. I'm afraid if i I force stop the app or do a hard shut-down of the iPad I might lose or corrupt the video. How do I know for sure my video is safe? How do I access it? How do I get Filmic out of being stuck in this strange window? I'm new to iPad, but is there a way to get to the raw video storage, in the iPad or from my MacBook via wifi?

I read in the Filmic User Manual that the videos I recorded to the Filmic Library (by selecting that mode) can be saved to the Camera Roll. I hope I don't discover they are NOT saved in my iPad (in the Filmic Library) as well. Surely there would have been a waning if this was true.

I have a day long shoot involving many people at stake!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No guarantees, but you video is probably safe.

The video is saved as you record it. Uploading would have consisted of encoding (optional depending on format being saves as), and then the actual file trancefer. Neither of these would have modified the original file. As long as you do not delete the Filmic app from the iPad, your file should be fine.

Most reactions