What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clearing storage space in Ipad

morlanel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear friends
I am an old windows user, and quite friendly with technologies. I bought an 16 GB Ipad for my Mom (92 years old lady) and she loves it. She made a few videos and very quickly the storage space was consumed. I want to move those videos out but find it difficult. I opened an account with Icloud with enough storage space. I tried to share those videos with Icloud but got the massage that they are too large to upload (the largest is 17 minutes). How can i move those videos out to clear space for additional new videos ? and how do i verify that a proper copy is held in the cloud so i can comfortably delete is?
Appreciate your guidance
Thank you
Mor

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum - first, I'm assuming that your mother does not have a computer w/ iTunes? A computer would bring up other options to solve your storage issue.

But let me give you just one suggestion that I've been using for a few years - AirStash Wi-Fi Device - click on the link and take a look at the device below; also, if interested, visit the AirStash Website.

Data, including music & video, is stored on SD cards (up to large capacities) - there is no internal memory; its battery is charged by a USB connection. A free app is available for an iDevice - the AirStash creates a personal Wi-Fi site that connects to an iDevice - files can be transfer in either direction; music and films can be played directly from the SD cards - now there are other similar type wireless gadgets but this one has been around a while, is small enough to fit into a pocket, and relatively inexpensive. Dave :)
61N5caGHcnL._SL1500_.jpg

Most reactions