What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What 3rd party accesories have you connected to ipad? Bluetooth, usb, wireless etc

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, just thought I would start a thread after a search shown no results. I have an iPad 2 and am now in that crazy connect to anything I can stage :)
I'm looking at anything interesting that connects to the iPad, either through irda, Bluetooth, wifi, USB anyway you have found to connect and maybe what functions you get. Try and include any photos of the product, cost, features etc.

I have just connected my iPad sound to my Bluetooth sound system and it works great as surround sound. Samsung home cinema system HT-Z310.
I love anything remote controlled too :) so it would be great to see anything like this.

I'm interested if anyone has ever found anything worthwhile online, also with the Japanese technology being so advanced have you ever come across anything novelty or super cool item that we wouldn't necessarily find over here? I would love to go down a Tokyo market with my iPad and find everything that connects to my iPad :) bet there is some crazy things to attach.

Anyway you can add anything to the thread no matter how interesting like printers, keyboards, USB things anything but it would be great to see any pics of the item too.
Thanks all.

OP
therealriley

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought I would have a little more interest in this thread to be honest.....
Anyway for those who still want to join in I've found a cool Japanese gadget site with a a few things for the iPad/iPhone.

How about this phone fan $26 on sale now, I'm not sure if I can post a link I can't remember so if anyone's interested il get you a link.

Attachments

• image-4047078039.jpg
    image-4047078039.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 402

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
How about this? LG Electronics BT speaker bar. They sound great, but at $400 a bit steep for me.

image-3057356826.jpg

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
therealriley

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks sweet though how about this icable.

iCable for iPad, iPhone and iPod allows you to switch between standard and full charge mode. Full Charge mode disables the Sync process, thus allowing the device to charge its batteries at full speed, as if connected to a wall outlet. You will never need this pesky AC adapter again!

$27.90 on sale also

Attachments

• image-3138544691.jpg
    image-3138544691.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 519
OP
therealriley

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How about this projector?

Product blurb: Getting people to crowd over your iPhone to show them the cool video you took of the chance encounter with a ten-car pileup on the highway or a celebrity sighting can get really difficult. The screen is small, and upside-down video doesn't really convey the best atmosphere - everybody has to pile toward one side of the iPhone.

What if there's a way to project your videos onto the wall? What if there's a low-cost way to do that? A simple dongle that you plug into the dock connector of your phone, point to a nearby white wall, and turn the lights down for a community screening? This device is that.

You can even plug it into another device with an RCA cable, and it comes with a tripod for your iPhone so that you don't have to keep holding it up.

$248 though is a bit hefty.

Attachments

• image-1843393351.jpg
    image-1843393351.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 670
OP
therealriley

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How about the Imusic pillow from prezzybox.com £19.95
Now you really can chill out and listen to your music in comfort haha

Attachments

• image-1941368793.jpg
    image-1941368793.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 374
OP
therealriley

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So does nobody else have anything interesting to show? Ok what do you have on your wish list of iPad gadgets?

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a wireless keyboard for mine. Don't use it as much as I thought I would.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

OP
therealriley

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Was it specific for the iPad or a general wireless keyboard for any device?

jlkohel911

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im curious about the last question too. I have a couple high end logitech bluetooth keyboards that ive been dying to try with my ipad 2, also an a2dp motorola bluetooth headphones that also take calls, hoping they will work with skype and just plain music. I travel a lot and havent been home to try it yet but i will report. Back with my findings! Cool thread lots off fun accessories here.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a ZaggMate Blue Tooth Keyboard for over two years. It has worked very well and doubles as a carrying case. I use it with my iPad everyday. Recently I started working out with my iPad, so I found a Motorola S10 HD stereo headphones designed "to go from working out to hanging out." It works really well with my iPad original. Amazing headphones! Both keyboard and headphones work on the iPad2 and even the new iPad.

Last edited:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have the Apple BT keyboard, but you said third party, right?

Also have the Jabra Easygoing BT headset. Works well with Skype and FaceTime.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

Supercat99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I stream live TV from a tuner card my PC to my iPad in the kitchen and to get more audio volume I use a small FM transmitter plugged into the earphone socket. This gives me plenty of volume through the kitchen radio.

Sure, Bluetooth speakers would have been cooler but it's what I have on hand and it works well.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Attachments

• image-2161288768.png
    image-2161288768.png
    549.3 KB · Views: 372

Most reactions

Latest posts