What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to the new iPad Help section!

faxman55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just purchased a used Ipad and the previous owner has over 7000 songs and some apps on it already. When I connect it to my current iTunes (had iphone 3gs before) it wants to delete the previous songs and apps and sync with my current songs/apps.

Is it possible to have it that I can keep all the songs/apps on the Ipad and add the songs/apps that I have in my itunes.

Is there also a program that will allow me to backup all the songs I have on my iphone to my itunes? My previous compuet that I had all my songs on crashed and I am now suing a different computer but not able to save my songs from my iphone.

Would appreciate some hlpe so that I do not accidently delete anything.

Thanks,

Ras

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Basic help required

I'm your worst nightmare - closer to 70 than 60 and have just bought the ipad2!! I need some really basic info - the user guide assumes you have some understanding but I need things explained without assumptions. Is there anyone who can simple explain to me:
1. What does synching mean? I think it means whatever files you have on your computer can be copied/transferred to the ipad)
2. In 'mail' how can I put two email accounts in there - it always just ppen the mail in one account and I can't see the second one.
3. I have downloaded some audiobooks that I no longer want, how do I delete them?
Does anyone have any suggestions for some really basic help info?
Thanks

Mossi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi.... My suggestion would be to find someone you know who has an iPad and see if he or she would be willing to show you around a bit. Most iPad owners love to put it thru it's paces. If you don't know anyone, go to your local tech store (Best Buy is always helpful) and ask a few questions. You will be the one showing your iPad to others in no time. I know.....I'm 71 and it happened to me.

Enjoy!

B

Brasil

About downloading apps...

Hi everyone...
I have recently bought an iPad2(62GB, wi-fi+3G), and this is my first experience with iOS, since my first tablet was the Galaxy Tab... So I'm a completely noobie at this and I find this forum just great.
Well, I'm a flight-attendant and that's why I take my iPad everywhere, just to stay in touch with my family and friends, and I download a lot. Most airports have wi-fi hotspots, however I do prefer 3G connection and the reason is that whenever I start downloading anything then I have to leave in a hurry and it should keep downloading over 3G... But, as you surely know, one can't download files which size exceeds 20MB... I get this popup message to use wi-fi connection, and it won't go any farther... I give up downloading it, yet when I download another app from the AppStore the icon comes up on the desktop again... That's so annoying!
So, is there a way to definitely cancel downloading files? I mean, not only apps, because the same happens when I try to download a podcast from iTunes.

Thanks in advance... Hugs from Brazil.

Roger Maröja

Reaction score
Mon Ipad ne marche plus, je n'arrive plus à le rallumer, l'ecran est totalement noir

j'ai pensé le mettre sous tension pour le recharger...rien à faire! on aurait dit qu'il est grillé. Il n'a pourtant que quelques jours!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mon Ipad ne marche plus, je n'arrive plus à le rallumer, l'ecran est totalement noir

j'ai pensé le mettre sous tension pour le recharger...rien à faire! on aurait dit qu'il est grillé. Il n'a pourtant que quelques jours!

Appuyez et maintenez le bouton Power et Home pendant 15 secondes. L'iPad va commencer à nouveau. Ne vous inquiétez pas. Tout ira bien. Si vous parlez anglais, vous obtiendrez probablement l'aide plus rapidement, mais ne vous inquiétez pas si vous ne parler que français. Je suis désolé que mon français n'est pas très bonne.

Tim

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome from sadly an English speaking person who has never been able to master other languages. Sigh!

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

MoneyGuy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When I activate 3G on my iPad, will I pay for a calendar month or a 30-day period? In other words, if I activated on May 15 would the month run out on June 15 or the last day of May?

Reaction score
MoneyGuy said:
When I activate 3G on my iPad, will I pay for a calendar month or a 30-day period? In other words, if I activated on May 15 would the month run out on June 15 or the last day of May?

It is up to the provider, how they charge you. If you were asking how it is for a Prepaid 3G SIM, the data will be usable during a 30-day period. But it usually states the time-frame, when you purchase/top-up the account, as some providers also offer internet access for a daily or weekly period.

Troonlass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New to forum. Really need help

I need a bit of advise. I have 2 mail accounts on my iPad, yahoo and hotmail. Both receiving and sending ok. However I can't send anything from the yahoo to the hotmail as it is bounced back immediately with a huge message which makes no sense to me.
Would appreciate any help

Falcon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yo~
i'm new on this forum .. nice too meet ya .. :D

ok ... here we go ..
i'm so sorry if my question isn't important for you guys ..
bur i swear.. this matter really annoy me ..

the problem is about iFile:
- i got my iPad jailbreaked
- 1st day ... i can open the iFile
- 2nd day ... everytime i open iFile ... i'm always "kicked" back to home screen... so it just like ... the iFile open for 1 second and.. poof ... back to home screen. ..

idk what happen to my iFile... i'm already restored it (my iPad)...nothing changed .. still the same ..

i hope u can help me guys ... :eek: :eek:

thx before .. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts