What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to the International iPad Forum

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ibook is available from everywhere

Hi, I'm from Belgium.
I got a 64GB wifi from my sister who lives in the US, and I'm very happy with it.
For now I just use the Belgian iTunes store (so, no iBooks, no iWork, no AppStore), but I can get most of the Apps through iTunes though. So I don't mind that very much. That will be resolved within a couple of months when the iPad will be officially available here.
I'm curious how much content there will be available when iBooks is on the Belgian iTunes.
The Amazon Kindle for iPad works flawlessly.

Jef
index

Hello and welcome here from Asia

if you read here you will know how to have iBook like me :)

Enjoy to find ebook in french from Canada at cheap price

aeronaut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.aeronaut.be
Thanks for the reply, but I am flemish (= Dutch speaking). I know a bit of french, but not enough to read books in it.
I could try to get iBooks via my sisters account, but for dutch content I think I'll just have to wait a couple of months until the belgian store is ready. Before that there will not be much dutch content anyway in other stores...
In the meanwhile I have enough stuff from Amazon to read. I got the complete Jules Verne for 5.74 $...

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, but I am flemish (= Dutch speaking). I know a bit of french, but not enough to read books in it.
I could try to get iBooks via my sisters account, but for dutch content I think I'll just have to wait a couple of months until the belgian store is ready. Before that there will not be much dutch content anyway in other stores...
In the meanwhile I have enough stuff from Amazon to read. I got the complete Jules Verne for 5.74 $...

you can also take a look at Gutenberg project where have large quantity in ‘’ flemish''

yoshi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Just joined. Glad to see an iPAD community here.
Got myself an iPAD a few days ago. Based in Singapore.

Still enjoying my honeymoon with iPAD.

suresh608

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nepali fonts in ipad...

I bought my ipad in Hongkong and tried to use eKantipur, BBC nepali or any sites with Nepali fonts. Seems like it's not supported on ipad sofar? How do i install Nepali fonts and Nepali unicode on ipad? need help.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am unsure of answer but I do know several new languages will be supported in next upgrade 4.2 what language is the site in. You cannot install fonts to the iPad look at preferences and general one can change how you view the country type again inam unsure how many countries are in current version of os 3.2

Last edited:

Luvntravln

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Mate, just saw that you are from Brisbane. Currently in Thailand; my home - we are gray nomads - a caravan is stored in Southport. Since getting my iPad I practically sleep with it!! I am in love with everything about it; especially "Enjoy Suduko".

If there was one issue of concern is that it does not connect to wifi unless the signal is especially strong. In my hotel room my Dell laptop is connected yet with a three bar wifi signal still no connection. The login page comes up and I enter the user name and password - yet, no joy!

Sometimes when I open the network page and choose a network the Auto logon button appears and all of the info pertaining to the site is filled in; other times not.

If this should be moved to general discussion re networking please do so.

Cheers, Jay

chetsharp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I am living in Hong Kong, got my iPad a few days ago. I've had a Sony eReader for sometime (I love it!) and have been borrowing eBooks from my public library back home in the USA. How do I download my Sony eReader books to my iPad?

kirychh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thaks from Please do not post external links! Read our rules!

Last edited by a moderator:

Karpas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm from Russian. It was really hard to get IPad here, but at last it came. I'm very glad to join your community.

Hissyfits

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Karpas said:
I'm from Russian. It was really hard to get IPad here, but at last it came. I'm very glad to join your community.

Yes like here in New Zealand. Always have to be more patient. grrr.

Most reactions

Latest posts