What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weird Safari/Fringe bug on my iPad2

Mevatron Dave

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I go to fox.com/fringe/ to look for an episode recap. But as soon as the page comes up, I get a pop-up message reading:

http//:www.fox.com
Sorry we do not yet play full episodes
on your device. Redirecting you to
the home page.

When you click on OK, the page reloads and the same message reappears. Then it locks in that loop preventing any other selection such as Back or Bookmarks. I can eventually escape by stopping the reload. It also happens on the Skyfire browser but there I have the option of switching from iPad mode to Desktop mode. It doesn't happen then. I don't see that option on Safari.

I've had other run-ins on Safari where content is not available because the page is specific to "my device".

Anyone else see this?

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Usually it means that the shows use Flash and therefore is not supported on iOS devices. There are also apparent issues with the web manager not making any effort to support all major web browser.

OP
Mevatron Dave

Mevatron Dave

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea, I get the Flash problem. It was more the locking up of Safari I was asking about. That and the limited content due to using the iPad.

Most reactions