What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari Connection Failure

Gerald Aurand

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dont know if this will do any good since I can't receive e-mail on my iPad until this problem is resolved. I'm writing from my Library's Tech Room,

About a month ago I started having problems with the Safari connection. First, the connection would slow down, thne a few things wouldn't connect and then more and more, until nothing connects except Photos and Notepad.
It would begin with FB posts not opening,the Google Search items not opening while Image Search would work entirely, then View Image would be unconnectible, then all Image Search function. Some blogs would connect, others wouldn't, then all unreachable. E-mail is just about the last thing to go.

But increasing the weird, if the device is left off, sometimes taking up to a week, everything comes back. And then goes away again. This has happened 4-5 times in the past month.

The iPad is otherwise fine. It's fully charged. When it's in unconnectible mode I can't access my Data balance, but when I could, it was healthy.

Why is Safari behaving this way? Is it an electronic problem with the device or what?

Heaven knows when I'll be able to access and read any reply, but i await anxiously.

Thanks for the attention and any useful assistance.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

When the iPad behaves strange, the first thing to do is reset it. Data or settings won't be lost. It could remove some glitches you're experiencing. Press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears, release both and let the iPad power up.

Restarting could also help: turn it off, then on again.

Or go to Settings - General - Reset and select "Reset all Settings". This will set the iPad back to default settings, which means you have to enable or disable everything you had before again afterwards.

Here's what else you can do to solve network problems: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1398

Hope that helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts