What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weird request

jenna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone else been approache dby complete strangers who then ask if they can take a photgraph of your Ipad before whipping out an Iphone to take a picture. Has happened to me on two occasions, the first time a young bloke sitting beside me on a train was rather excited to see a "real live" Ipad and aksed to take a picture, he then proceeded to upload it to his facebook page.

Then today at lunch time I was sitting waiting for my lunch to arrive and I notice an odd looking male keep looking over in my direction befor her got up the courage to ask "is that what I think it is" when I replied that it was indeed an Ipad, asked if he could take a picture.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
for me they don’t ask for picture just ask too many question include one ready to paid me double price for got it yet ….

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
for me they don’t ask for picture just ask too many question include one ready to paid me double price for got it yet ….

For the record. Anyone that wants to give me $1000 for my iPad (see sig)..... Paypal only, and let's make a deal!!! ;)

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone else been approache dby complete strangers who then ask if they can take a photgraph of your Ipad before whipping out an Iphone to take a picture. Has happened to me on two occasions, the first time a young bloke sitting beside me on a train was rather excited to see a "real live" Ipad and aksed to take a picture, he then proceeded to upload it to his facebook page.

Then today at lunch time I was sitting waiting for my lunch to arrive and I notice an odd looking male keep looking over in my direction befor her got up the courage to ask "is that what I think it is" when I replied that it was indeed an Ipad, asked if he could take a picture.

I think that you should start packing some heat.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The new pickup lines. "Is that an iPad?", "Would you like to come up and see my iPad?".

OP
J

jenna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The new pickup lines. "Is that an iPad?", "Would you like to come up and see my iPad?".

LOL, the first chap may have had some luck if he had tried it as a pick up line, the second, I think I would have been hollering for the nearest police officer :)

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Sorry , it may just be me but if someone I don't know asks to hold/take picture with my iPad my answer is no. I don't want them running off with it.

Right now there is a lot of iPhone thefts here right now. They ask if they can use your cell to make a call. You hand over your iPhone and they run off with it.

iPad is a hotter item then an iPhone right now.

OP
J

jenna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mike, I never let the device leave my hands. It is more about curiosity so far because the Ipad is not yet avaialble in Australia (only pre-order at the moment) people tend to becoem a little excitable when they see one in the wild. I suspect that it may become a little more unsafe to use in some public spaces once the are actually avaialble here at the end of the month.

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know that, as I'm still one of the few owners in Europe, who has an iPad already. I took mine the other day to an IBM sales event and almost got more attention with the iPad, than the poor sales rep from IBM.....
:D

Enjoy the moments, they won't last long.... iPad will become a common view soon.

Nconn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry , it may just be me but if someone I don't know asks to hold/take picture with my iPad my answer is no. I don't want them running off with it.

Right now there is a lot of iPhone thefts here right now. They ask if they can use your cell to make a call. You hand over your iPhone and they run off with it.

iPad is a hotter item then an iPhone right now.

Truth. I live in boston and people are mugging on the subway for it. Well "certain" subway lines anyway

Most reactions