What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Web Site creations?

Yachtman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

First time poster! Haven't bought yet, but only need a few more questions answered! I think I'll love it.

Has anyone, or is anyone, using their iPad to create a web site? Not necessarily a serious business site, but something family oriented, vacations, college kids, clients, or maybe a simple 2-3 page business site. Maybe like a 'wix' site? I imagine you can buy and sell domains since there is no 'creating' involved, but can you create on a site like Go-Daddy (or any others) using their stock platforms?

Thanks in advance for any and all help you can give me.

:cool:

Yachtman

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

There are a number of HTML editors available in the App Store that can be used for website development and a couple of app developers are Members, so have a look in the App and App Announcement sections for details of their apps

Tim
Scotland

Zambz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im currently exploring the opitunity to create websites with my ipad2, one of the main reasons i brought it.

As of now their are really no good visual editors, theres plenty of code editors and if your only after quick fun sites its very easy to learn some html and css, i learnt the basics in.one weekend.

The best ive seen and used is gusto http://horseandtherook.com/gusto/

If you want to create some graphics for your site theres a host of apps, i prefer to use inkpad http://www.taptrix.com/ . Its a vector package which will give you a much easyer and precise creation, works really well with the wacon bamboo pen for ipad too.

There are plenty more out there, but those are mychoices.

I dont advise uing online editors because ive alot of them are incombatible and they bug out alot.

Think i rambled a bit lol

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Adobe's Muse would be pretty cool on the iPad. It's public beta right now and no idea if they plan on creating an app for it (I kind of doubt it but you never know):

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Yachtman

Yachtman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for some help and suggestions here. I'm thinking about a purchase over the weekend. $$ are tight so thinking hard on MPro, Imac, IMac/iPad combo, or just keep my current laptop and go with just an iPad for now. I'm an ATT customer for 15 yrs and trying to decide if I want my iPad on ATT or Verizon.

I do have a question that's somewhat related. I'm in a business where when I'm on my computer, I have numerous pages open all the time. Between various tabs open and pages in the tabs, I'm having trouble with the fact that on an iPad, I can only open 9. (at this moment I looked and I'm on 4 Safari and 19 Windows web sites, and some various files) Is there a way around this, or am I missing something? Don't the users here need to be able to open more than 9, or even 8 so you can have that extra 9th in the waiting? Even on my iPhone the lack of numerous pages affects how I use it with a client. What happens when you're trying to use or view other web sites while trying to create your own? (am I making sense here? I'm not the most tech person on the planet so I'm hoping that I'll be able to use some of the suggestions here!?!)

Thanks again for any and all help you can give me. It's truly appreciated.

:cool:

Yachtman

Most reactions