What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting old/visited web sites

tadd5181

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am aware of the method to delete web history but it seems not to work. I want to delete all past history. However, when I go back (one page at a time,by clicking the arrow pointing to the left) from any of the ten tabs at the top of the Safari page, all sites visited under that tab reappear in reverse order. So, it seems the deleting of web history is not working. Of course, I may be doing something wrong, but I don't know what. Can anyone please help?

At one point I saw page which suggested (when the web history was not being deleted) to "clear the cache and cookies on your browser" but gave no method on how to do that. So, in addition I need help on that also.

Finally, I have not discovered how to retrieve the little gear near the top of the Safari page which, when touched, drops down the menu whereby one can get access to web history. It "little gear" shows up sometimes, but not always.

Thanks for any help.

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Greetings ,have you tried
Settings/ safari/ clear history???
Let us know if this works

OP
T

tadd5181

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ahhhhh!!!!! That was it...THANKS...I guess I was trying to clear history the hard (and wrong) way. Now, how can I always bring up the "little gear"?

Pat Almond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, a previous thread reply says it worked for him/her. I have tried that twice now and my tabs are still all there! How do clear them? And please don't tell me to open each tab and then click on the "X" - an "X" does not appear anywhere on my screen. So, what is the answers experts?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, a previous thread reply says it worked for him/her. I have tried that twice now and my tabs are still all there! How do clear them? And please don't tell me to open each tab and then click on the "X" - an "X" does not appear anywhere on my screen. So, what is the answers experts?

To make the X appear, tap on the number in the box at the lower right of your screen. The web page will reduce in size and the X appears in the upper left corner. This is on an iPhone, I'll check up on the procedure for the iPad.

On the iPad, the X should appear at the upper left of the page, just below the page changing arrows.

image-4187569537.jpg

image-2047892534.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts