What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weatherbug disappeared.

miwy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Weatherbug vanished from my iPad after I downloaded update. Now I see that it's also vanished from the App Store. Anyone else have this experience?i

ctsluder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes it is and the weather bug I have on my iPad doesn't work, it goes to a blank screen.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Did a quick search around the net. Sounds like they broke it with the last update. Probably pulled it trying to prevent syncing with a broken app. I couldn't' find any official news about it on their site.

I'd guess you'll see it reappear in a day or two.

Don't know why it disappeared from your iPad. It shouldn't have. Maybe you caught the update while it was being pulled, and lost it in the shuffle.

For those who's app is now broke, I'd guess you were unlucky enough to catch the update before they pulled it.

TXCheng

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine stopped working yesterday. It's as if they cut off any weather updates. I saw it disappeared from the Apps store also. I ended up uninstalling it and switching to Intellicast HD and that looks great.

R,

AC

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I usually use TWC, but I have been playing with Intellicast HD. I prefer it to TWC in every way except one. The Weather Channel appears to have more accurate information for my area than Intellicast's sources.

That's the same reason I don't use Weather Bug, btw. It's nearest source of local weather is 30+ miles away. I live rural.

Last edited:

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is working fine as well. Wouldn't miss it if it died. Accuweater suits my needs

richgalen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just checked mine. Ver. 1.2.1. Seems to be fine. Hadn't thought about Intellicast. Used to use that on my BB, I believe. I'll give it a try.

cdsloop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi folks, you are correct, we had an issue with our app and working to get it back into the store. Would love to have some beta testers...if you are interested in helping us out, please go to the link below...

testflightapp.com/join/fa146329b009914500c39bf3b96365d4-MzQ1NQ/

Thanks and look for the app to hit the store very soon.

Siouxzieb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gee, thanks for the info

Think you might have put this info on, say, your WEBSITE? That would have saved me a considerable amount of time, trying to figure out what happened to my go-to weather app. Instead, I just ended up finding a NEW go-to weather app. Nice move :-(

cdsloop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
App back in the store...

Siouxzieb, sorry about that you are correct. we shoudl have done a better job here. It was a little frantic when we found issues trying to figure out what was going on. We will do better if faced with this again.

In the mean time, we have the app back in the store and we have found a new system called "TestFlight" which allows us to get our app out to tens of beta testers before we launch in the store. I think that would have helped us find these issues before submitting our app.

I appreciate everyones patience and support and glad to have our app back! Look for continued updates this year!

matthartley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WeatherBug is back

Hey everyone,

Wanted to let each of you know that WeatherBug has addressed the issue with the iPad app, it's back, everything is back on track and you can get the full details on who, what, when and why from this post.

lockergnome.com/insideweatherbug/2011/02/07/weatherbug-for-the-ipad-updates-and-questions-answered

Again, WeatherBug for the iPad hasn't actually gone anyplace, it was just caught up in the update backwash that can happen sometimes. Thanks.

Matt Hartley
on behalf of WeatherBug

Most reactions

Latest posts