What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ways to extend the iPad life in use

5teve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Blackburn in NW of . . . . . . . . . . . . Engl
I tend to just look after it.
At a cost of almost £500 it isn't something that I would use as a Frisbee and nor would I put it on a puddle of mud to step on to keep my £12 trainers clean. I don't lose my temper and throw it down on the table when my football team loses a game and nor do I just throw it down on to my bed so that it bounces off and lands on a corner, shattering the screen and then expect somebody else to replace it for me.
How do I extend the life of my iPad? ..... By not being a wally and by treating it with a little respect.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Like he said, your software is secure. It's the hardware you have to be concerned with a big thing is the glass. Scratches on lum can scar and be beauty marks. I have only dropped Padi on hard surface about 5-10 times and that was hardwood laminate. Just treat it like a laptop. Hopefully you're not in the business of chunking laptops.

And if you are, buy a griffin case. Thinking about getting one for iPad 3. They're a little heavier than otterboxes but they have the protective screen. Be my guess, drop it in a bowl of syrup.

Also, apple products are phenomenal. My mom has 2g MacBook (white) 2007 I think. It's fab. Hard drive crashed once bc our software was getting reg updates. But all that puppy needs is a new battery.

If that's not good enough do some warranty fraud. Get all the non apple ones consecutively until they stop selling IPad 2s. (jk moderators!!!!)

commsz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apples own magnetic cover inside a padded equinox zipped cover. Double protection and you do not ruin the look and feel of the iPad when you are using it

tazz3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
also make sure you run the battery down to zero before a charge this will make the ipad 2 last also

ipadder474

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would just use your iPad be careful not to drop it or let someone walk off with it. And plan ahead to get the new iPad3 when it's for sale.

ziffos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple Smart Cover on front and a gel back cover.

Keeps it looking reasonably "bare" whilst totally protecting it.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
5teve said:
I tend to just look after it.
At a cost of almost £500 it isn't something that I would use as a Frisbee and nor would I put it on a puddle of mud to step on to keep my £12 trainers clean. I don't lose my temper and throw it down on the table when my football team loses a game and nor do I just throw it down on to my bed so that it bounces off and lands on a corner, shattering the screen and then expect somebody else to replace it for me.
How do I extend the life of my iPad? ..... By not being a wally and by treating it with a little respect.

Agreed!!! This is what I do!!

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update From NYC using iPF

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ziffos said:
Apple Smart Cover on front and a gel back cover.

Keeps it looking reasonably "bare" whilst totally protecting it.

Yes, have the smart cover and belkin clear back cover. Feel better about using it in tabletops and such.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update From NYC using iPF

tazz3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
how do u ipad owners like the Apple Smart Cover and where do u buy it any body have a link
thanks chris

Most reactions

Latest posts