What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Watching live tv on ipad 3

Hasny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please guide me about how to watch live tv on my ipad3. Is there any particular app that can help. Thanks

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not only do you need an app, but you will need either a DTV dongle or a network tuner so that you can pick up the live TV broadcasts and pipe them to your iPad.

The two apps I use (along with my HD Homerun network tuner) are TV Streamer (and Goodplayer) and InstaTV Pro.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Most of the major cable providers (in the USA) have apps that allow you to view live TV. I have Time Warner Cable, so there is a large selection of channels I can view on my iPad. They'd just upgraded it to allow some selected channels to be watch while outside of h]your house - but the majority can only be viewed while on your cable's feed (I.e. at home).

Then, there is also Slingbox, which allows you to connect to your home [cable] network. Or, ESPN offers some live TV options. Then, there's PlayOn TV that allows you to watch live TV. You have to put a program on your computer (that you pay for) and then you can use an app to stream live TV from your computer to your iPad.

But - as far as getting an app or connection that allows you to directly access TV signals, no, I don't believe there is anything like that. Sorry.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts