What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Watch FLASH Videos On Your iPhone, iPod Touch, And iPad

SheerLuckHolmes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I ran Microsofts program that evaluates your PC for a Windows 7 upgrade, many things are not going to work with W7 on my computer, 7 year old Dell. Been spending too much $ on my other toys to give a rip about the desktop. So unless I spend $$ on upgrading all the different stuff on the old desktop I'd be better off buying a new desktop. But using the iPad was to get me away from being at the desktop. So to buy a new desktop so I do not have to be at it doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

But it leaves me in the same spot of not being able to watch flash stuff on the iPad. I'm stuck coming and going.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ran Microsofts program that evaluates your PC for a Windows 7 upgrade, many things are not going to work with W7 on my computer, 7 year old Dell. Been spending too much $ on my other toys to give a rip about the desktop. So unless I spend $$ on upgrading all the different stuff on the old desktop I'd be better off buying a new desktop. But using the iPad was to get me away from being at the desktop. So to buy a new desktop so I do not have to be at it doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

But it leaves me in the same spot of not being able to watch flash stuff on the iPad. I'm stuck coming and going.

Well in that case it's about the same price to buy a desktop as it is to buy win 7...lol

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be easier to just upgrade?
Huh? I have the latest version.

As for XP it is not my main machine and I have no intention of putting another dime into it, let alone my time. It has run flawlessly for the last 4 years as a media server and there is no reason for me to upgrade it. Not for splashtop anyway, which does work regardless.

More importantly, it is running Windows Media Center 2005 which has RDP server support. I would not give that up and so need Win7 pro or higher to get it--ain't biting. I already run Win 7 on my main machine I don't need it on one that serves media.

Michael

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be easier to just upgrade?
Huh? I have the latest version.

As for XP it is not my main machine and I have no intention of putting another dime into it, let alone my time. It has run flawlessly for the last 4 years as a media server and there is no reason for me to upgrade it. Not for splashtop anyway, which does work regardless.

More importantly, it is running Windows Media Center 2005 which has RDP server support. I would not give that up and so need Win7 pro or higher to get it--ain't biting. I already run Win 7 on my main machine I don't need it on one that serves media.

Michael

Then why not install splashtop on the main computer and have less headache in using it?

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Then why not install splashtop on the main computer and have less headache in using it?
It is on my main PC, as well as my laptop too (don't use much on laptop but you never know lol). But the main PC is not exposed to the internet directly, as far as port forwarding is concerned. Needed ports are forwarded to the xp box--at least for now. I don't really need splashtop too much it is more an occasional thing. And it is not really much of a headache... I haven't lost the server side part in a few days now so maybe it was conflicting with something... actually I think I know what it was. When I connect with iTap before splashtop for some reason the splashtop servers unloads from memory. Odd.

I use Zumocast way more frequently, and that is running on my main (iTunes) PC and xp box too.

Michael

SheerLuckHolmes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does anyone know if splashtop would work between an iPad and a iMac. Will work directly in the Apple environment or would you have to run windows 7 on the apple iMac? And if so how much trouble is that?

Thanks to whom ever knows the answer to this!

angelavuitton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think, Once the iPad software supports converting flash format to ipad, you can watch flash with your ipad.

ChochoD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think, Once the iPad software supports converting flash format to ipad, you can watch flash with your ipad.

Yes, but most TV streams will not be supported, because they cannot be converted. I use flash mainly for watching live TV streams. So the conversion of flash is not an adequate solution...

dogxa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skyfire offered flash on my iPhone 4, but i can''t like it.
it is paid, unconvenience and it is only a browser.
When dose iPhone OS can play flash and when does
Adobe company can collaborate with APPLE? i also
read a article about install flash on iphone . i don't if it can work.

pego99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"When dose iPhone OS can play flash and when does
Adobe company can collaborate with APPLE?"

Is the above sentence in English?

dsulvett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why do we all make excuses for the lack of flash on the iPad..? this would be an INCREDIBLE device but it lacks one thing, FLASH. Now, yell and say HTML5 is coming out, use log me in, or something else... but WHY?

When a good substitute comes out, im selling my iPad unless someone develops some kind of flash software for this device. The shame is, i love it but it just doesnt do what i want it too without flash.

Personally, i think Mr. Steve is just throwing his weight around with this.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For streaming video, I can understand the argument.

But I hear quite a few people saying it's because Apple doesn't want you to be able to play Flash games because that would hurt sales in the App Store. Now my question is, what Flash games could you actually play on the iPad? All of the big Flash games sites require a mouse and/or keyboard to play, neither of which iPad has. So these sites would all have to develop touch optimized games, which I don't see many of them actually doing, given the relatively low number of iPads out there (compared to laptops and desktops).

Most reactions

Latest posts