What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Watch FLASH Videos On Your iPhone, iPod Touch, And iPad

Glen march

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Flash

Nice of you to share that Phil:) But I dont see why we trusting consumers should have to go to that effort and cost get flash to work on a device that is marketed as a tool for surfing the net. used to be an Apple fan when they didn't follow the Microsoft approach to non-compatibility. rant over, but they've lost me till they sort this.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK this thread was meant to help find a solution. Personally I don't think SkyFire is a good solution but at least it is an ATTEMPT. Ditto for the Splashtop suggestion--and I think I'm gonna try it.

But to just whine about the lack of flash again? Now you are being part of the problem and not helping with a solution... Rather is is beating a... well you get the picture... lol

beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
btw, I did buy Splashtop, and it's great for what it is, but it's still not the answer I'm looking for. If I don't leave the computer on all the time, actual remote viewing can't happen. With a remote server, it's not my power bill that takes the hit...

My computer is on 24/7....why would you turn yours off...it barely uses any power when idle and if your using it...well your using it! I don't trust these 3rd party "cloud" browsers that are basically the same thing as Splashtop but you are logging in to someone elses computer that could easily steal your passwords. Also make sure you don't use them for anything other than passive video viewing, since you are basically just logging in to someone elses computer.

Splashtop is WAY faster too....video playback for me is extremely smooth!

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I like Splashtop around the house, but it doesn't appear to work via 3G when I'm away from home. Is there a way to configure that?

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I like Splashtop around the house, but it doesn't appear to work via 3G when I'm away from home. Is there a way to configure that?

Never mind - a quick Google answered my question and it's set up now. Flash via 3G is mighty slow...

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK I tried Splashtop. Wow! I really don't know how it does what it does. Flash is nothing with it.... works like a charm.

At first I was ticked that it was only 1024 x 768 resolution but being the same as the iPad it was really not bad at all. The main thing is how it manages to send out video and sound like it does.... and in sync. My main remote control app can do sound, but NO WAY can it do video like that... not even close.

And of course Flash is a piece of cake with Splashtop.

My PC is on 24/7 anyway so no issue with that. And I'm already used to forwarding ports for RDP, VNC, etc.... so getting it to work over 3G was a cinch. No searching for port numbers. :)

Michael

Yakuzagang5

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Never mind - a quick Google answered my question and it's set up now. Flash via 3G is mighty slow...

Flash taking forever to load on 3G and slowing down devices considerably, and the fact that flash has had a security hole in it almost every update on android lol and, most flash on the internet is not optimized for touch screens, making it more hassle anyway. Adding flash on the iphone or iPad would make the experience less apple like from the slow downs and lagginess.

This is my opinion btw, not facts or anything, just saying why I think steve jobs doesn't allow flash on mobile devices. That, and the fact that he just ages adobe in general lol

StarLog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is taking advantage of iPAD users, as SkyFire is FREE for ANDROID users.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Snide remarks show the type of person you are. Apart from trying to belittle people what exactly did your post do to "help find a solution"?
I guess it makes you feel good about yourself .... Including the solo lol!

Opium ~ you have to understand a little here. There are oodles of posts re Apple vs. Flash and some just get tired of it all. But I understand where you are coming. I get it. :)

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Snide remarks show the type of person you are. Apart from trying to belittle people what exactly did your post do to "help find a solution"?

Opium ~ you have to understand a little here. There are oodles of posts re Apple vs. Flash and some just get tired of it all. But I understand where you are coming. I get it. :)

I don't get where they are coming from...it IS a dead topic...please stop beating it to death! We get it....no buggy, crashy, back door ridden flash....cry me a river!

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Wait! Flash isn't supported on the iPad? When did this happen? Why didn't they tell anyone?

And Ben is somehow connected to Glory? :)

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK reopening thread. Please do not make offensive remarks or we will close the thread and infractions will be issued.

Be respectful, this is the iPad Forum, not the wild West.

Most reactions

Latest posts