What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Was I wrong to order it

jnewell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, +1. Believe it or not :confused: I actually think the Android Market is easier to search. Eeek. ;)

I have found the app store anything but a help. It's a mess to use, no intuity at all for new users.
What helped me the most was Google, this forum and an admin on an Android forum who is an Apple owner of multiple Apple devices. Every time I ask the average user anything they always ask "why do you want to do that? It's not made for that" instead of "dunno, haven't tried"
There are many work around ways to make the Ipad more than just a big iPhone or iPod
Splashtop and Team Viewer, and others will allow you use your more powerful computer while away from it like it's an app on your Ipad.
Sunday I uploaded some photos on my desktop to Dropbox from my Ipad, chose the ones I want on my Ipad and phone while in line at the grocery store. You can put a DVD in the computer player and watch it on your Ipad, watch July from the desktop or use free apps on your Ipad like Crackle to watch movies and TV shows.
Hope that helps you feel a little more at ease

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
consumers should understand the limitations as well as the strengths of devices like the iPad.

Exactly. People should do their research before getting the iPad. But some don't ~ and that will never change.

I just do not understand the people willing to drop at lease $500.00 on any device and they do not know what it does.

Well to be honest ~ I didn't really know all that it did. But I did know what it did not do. And that was good enough for me. The rest worked.:)

jnewell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I actually spent a lot of time reading and live-demo'ing what it would and wouldn't do before I bought one (then a second). I have been a PC guy since IBM introduced the original PC and the Apple culture does not suit me that well. What I found out, after a lot of time looking at the "issues," was that (for my needs and uses) they weren't issues at all.

Beerman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a friend who just about berated me into getting one. So much so that when my wife asked him if he thought I would use one for a surprise gift, he hounded her until she got me a Apple Gift card.
I've been around him since the day he got his iPad first gen and he never leaves without it. Even takes it to the bathroom.

You need new friends. A friend would accept your "not interested" and dang sure wouldn't hassle your wife.
I'd probably get arrested for assault if someone hounded my wife that much. She is my treasure and nobody bullies my wife without me getting riled. Same thing if an adult tries to bully my kids.
OP, where did you order the iPad from? Has it shipped? What's their return policy?
Well, of course I exaggerated some and my use of some words may have made it sound like toture but it really wasn't a big deal. He knows I like toys and he knows I'll use myiPad and he knew my wife already had it planted in her mind to get me one.
Hey, maybe she did this so she could use it! :D

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
i just blindly spent a ton of cash on mine. honestly, i did :)

i obviously kept up to date with news and reviews, but until i had it in my possession i didnt really know what it would do for me.
i was initially prepared for it to be a big brother to my ipod touch. which it is. my Touch is basically an email device that plays games, music and browses the web. nothing more nothing less.
But, how the ipad isnt :)

my ipad is now my day to day business diary/organiser, more business video portfolio for clients, my email, word/excel and office admin device and my link top the world via web and news apps. there's no music on there and a couple of games just for my nephew. it organises my life. id now be lost without it.

best purchase i ever made :)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts